Getting married... this fat is not invited to the wedding.

Options
cazbit
cazbit Posts: 122 Member
edited April 2017 in Getting Started
So I better get my backside in gear and get it off then shouldn't I ☺

I've piled four stone on in the last 18 months due to a chest infection knocking me off course and having an awful diet. Time to get back on the exercise and eating healthy horse. I would like my
Wedding pictures to show the me I feel inside, the me I was when I met my future hubby, not what I have let myself become.

So 15 months and counting until I wed the man of my dreams, and this weight will not be getting an invite.

Tell me your stories, why is everyone here. Would love to add anyone who also has a long or difficult journey ahead of them.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I found my best motivation before my wedding. Lost 30 lbs with that deadline in mind. I had already figured out how to be successful w MFP though, and for me that was a lengthy learning curve. Its great you are on the forums as there are so many tips for success to be found here. Look at some of the stickied threads at the top of the getting started and diet and weightloss help boards so you can avoid some of the beginner mistakes. You have a good amount of time so hopefully you can make alot of progress.

~best wishes
  • DeDoubleU
    DeDoubleU Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I first lost a lot of weight by not eating out and not drinking soda. Instead, I had home cooked meal at least 90% of the time, probably more. If I had sweets, it was only occasional and usually only during menstruation. I lived with two other females and w had a chocolate stash for that purpose.

I walked a lot. However, when I look back at photos, I see that I looked too thin. I felt good, but I looked uncomfortably and unhealthy thin. I think that's because my exercise was mostly walking. So, this time, I'm doing strength training that promotes lean muscle. I have a son now, so walking all the time, everywhere I go, isn't an outing anymore.

Since I'm uncomfortable with the way I look, I'm using a stationary bike, elipticle, indoor walking video (that is actually really good), yoga, and bands. It's always good to get outdoors to exercise, but I'm just not at all comfortable with my body and I'll just think about that the whole time. Until I'm in a reasonable comfortable place, this is how I'll do it.
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi, same here! Been engaged for a week and looking to get married next summer. Would like to lose 81lbs by then.

We can do this!!!
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have 60lbs to lose. It would be amazing if I could achieve that by my wedding next year. Let's try to keep each other motivated!
  • elyvegan
    elyvegan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Im here because Im turning 28 years old on july 24 and Im gonna give it to myself 28 pounds!