Weight gain

Hi.
Why am I putting on pounds then losing like a yo yo when I'm sticking to my calorie goal and exercise. I'm confused?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    That's the way the body works. You are never truly one weight, you are a weight range of a few lbs.

• Jpost001
    Jpost001 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is so annoying. If I eat too few calories I get too thin (like 115 pounds. At 5'10) but if I add more calories according to what the app says I gain too much weight. It's all because of this medication I take (never had issue before). Well I don't gain too much as in I get fat (I've never been fat) but I've gone up to 140 and it ALL goes to my belly. Like I look pregnant. Which is why I prefer to keep it down. I'm trying to keep myself at 125-127 (which is a few pounds underweight for my height but I have a muscular condition so I should naturally weigh less than most people) but it's so difficult. I'm being told to eat 1910 a day to maintain 127 pounds but I'm gaining weight. Not maintaining. I'm currently at 130. And plenty of days I've been far UNDER. In fact most of these past two weeks I've been eating under 1000 calories. Other day I ate under 500... (I've been sick). I was kind of worried about LOSING too much. Not gaining!
  • Ravens_Gate
    Ravens_Gate Posts: 2 Member
    If you eat too little that's unhealthy for you. Your body stores that away as fat for fuel later. To maintain you need to be consistent. Stay with your property calorie intake. Don't stress over it. But if you have a medical condition then maybe you should consult with your doctor. Medications will effect that too.
    Best of luck
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Jpost001 wrote: »
    This is so annoying. If I eat too few calories I get too thin (like 115 pounds. At 5'10) but if I add more calories according to what the app says I gain too much weight. It's all because of this medication I take (never had issue before). Well I don't gain too much as in I get fat (I've never been fat) but I've gone up to 140 and it ALL goes to my belly. Like I look pregnant. Which is why I prefer to keep it down. I'm trying to keep myself at 125-127 (which is a few pounds underweight for my height but I have a muscular condition so I should naturally weigh less than most people) but it's so difficult. I'm being told to eat 1910 a day to maintain 127 pounds but I'm gaining weight. Not maintaining. I'm currently at 130. And plenty of days I've been far UNDER. In fact most of these past two weeks I've been eating under 1000 calories. Other day I ate under 500... (I've been sick). I was kind of worried about LOSING too much. Not gaining!
    How are you measuring your calorie intake? Either you are not weighing your food per MFP described protocol, or you are stressing out about a normal fluctuation of a few pounds. 500-1000 calories is too little for anyone. You are not gaining weight on that small amount of food. Poor nourishment could be contributing to you illnesses.