Battle Scars

Options
Battle scars…. My friends, including you on MFP, tell me not to be ashamed of them. They were earned and to be proud. Well yesterday a man (don’t remember who) posted about stretch marks and to wear them with pride. I didn’t get a chance to chime in so I would just like to say WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE LADIES! Most stretch marks are from pregnancy (to me the most admiral thing anyone on the planet can do is give birth) or weight loss. Neither of those is something to be ashamed of. To me your stretch marks just make you even sexier and you already know I think you are gorgeous beyond belief! Be proud my amazing and gorgeous loves as I am proud of you! You are all the more perfect for your “battle scars”.
Love,
Ed

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    As if the ladies didn't love you enough! Be prepared dollface, now they're REALLY going to be after you!
  • NicholeTrussell
    NicholeTrussell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The world needs more MEN like you!! :)
  • courtneyjoella
    Options
    As I read this there was a banner ad for Trilastin....stretch mark cream. Talk about irony.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Umm myeah but if your stretch marks are just from being fat ... thats a bit less cool I think... but Ed you are such a doll :)
  • HavaTwizzz
    HavaTwizzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a surprising and wonderful thing to say--thanks! :) A lot of time stretchmarks, scars, other things tend to make us diminish our own image of ourselves....and you're absolutely right! They are PART of us, so we need to embrace them and not be ashamed of them....
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely reminder. It's a part of me. Good luck in your journey.
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    This post just made me instantly feel a bit better. Thank you! :smile:
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will forever call them "battle scars!" :0)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could tell you how amazing you are enough every day!! You are truly a blessing :-)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wish I could feel that way! I've had mine since I was 13 years old and shot up from 5'1" to 5'9" in just under a year. I have them on my arms, calves and hips - basically, everyplace that got longer or curvier. I hated them when they showed up and I still hate them as much now, even 27 years later. I rarely wear shorts or anything sleeveless because of them.

I didn't do anything to be 'proud' of to get my stretch marks - no baby, no weight loss - I just got a whole lot taller in a short period of time. :-(
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    What a kind thing to say! Thank you for sharing that and cheers to you for being proud of your scars as well!:smile:
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Rock on! That's great to read :)

I proudly display the scar on my arm from an accident, and I will work on not being ashamed of stretch marks anymore.

Have a great day!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That is very sweet of you Ed! My daughter told me they looked gross and when I told her it was from being PG she said "EWWW, I'm not having kids!" :sad:
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The world needs more MEN like you!! :)

I agree with this 100%!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ed! You are always an encouraging and kind friend!
    Few men in this world would ever think of, or take the time to post about this.
    Someday I hope to be strong and confident enough to think of them in the way you do.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    As if the ladies didn't love you enough! Be prepared dollface, now they're REALLY going to be after you!

i agree!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Umm myeah but if your stretch marks are just from being fat ... thats a bit less cool I think... but Ed you are such a doll :)

Yea, I don't find it cool at all. I've never had kids. I'm just glad my stretchmarks aren't severely noticeable. My brother's are, unfortunately.

I also have a massive appendix scar from when it ruptured. It's about 4 inches long, goes in and out in different places, and is 1/2 inch thick and still pink after almost 20 years. Not that I would ever wear a bikini, but I certainly can't now!

Oh well. At least my husband thinks I'm hawt.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I got my stretch marks when I put on weight during teenage years, and of course I got a lot of them during my 3 pregnancies. I sure don't think they are beautiful but I am not disgusted by them.
    With this post I think I should at least love them a bit... after all they are part of me and my life, and I wouldn't change any part of my life that it took to get them.
    And yes, I am gonna wear a bikini in my holidays in 2 weeks, even though I'm still big and have stretch marks on arms, legs and belly :-)
    Thanks Ed :smooched:
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Love you, Ed! You just remember that is so true for you as well. We love you just the way you are: kids, scars, and a heart as big as all of Texas!