MACROS AND CALORIES

Options
Hi All, i want to know how focused you are on your macros and caloric intake?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Very focused on the calories. The macros change a bit from day to day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I focus on Macros
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Very on calories, very on protein and fat. Some what on fibre and calcium. Not interested in the carbs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Actually not very much at all, I am just kind of winging it at the moment.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I focus on making sure that I have enough protein, then on calories.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Why does matter to you what other people focus on? Their goals are not your goals. Focus on what helps you attain your own goals.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Calories and getting enough protein. That's about it.
  • johnney77
    johnney77 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Very Focused... Macros + Calories + Minerals + Vitamins = An educated road map to a life long understanding of your body's reaction to the substances you put into it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    [(quote removed by MFP moderators)]

You have to find what works for you.

I look at cals and macros, and hit my cals 99% of the time and macros probably 90% of the time...
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Calories are #1 for me, protein 2nd, carbs 3rd.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Calories first, then Protein, fibre and fat.

I'm happy if i hit a minimum of 120g Protein, minimum 50g fat and get over 30g Fibre.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Calories, then protein, then fiber are how I look at things.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat > carbs.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who is more concerned with getting enough micro nutrients over hitting a perfect macro ratio? I do make sure I get enough fats and proteins every day while keeping my calories at the desired intake but hitting my chosen macro ratios are not as important as getting enough fibre and essential vitamins and minerals into me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is more concerned with getting enough micro nutrients over hitting a perfect macro ratio? I do make sure I get enough fats and proteins every day while keeping my calories at the desired intake but hitting my chosen macro ratios are not as important as getting enough fibre and essential vitamins and minerals into me.

Mfp isn't very good at tracking micros
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I realised this morning that I am a slave to my macros lol
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Macros are dumb lol. I only watch the sugar on top of the calories cause it's difficult to stay under my goals on the other macros -_-;
  • adamconway_667
    adamconway_667 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think its good to make sure you take in the correct percentages of carbs, protein and fats. I foucus on those more than anything and my calories last. Just to also point out that there is no correct way of doing it just your own way!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

I eat a large variety of food from all groups, including 1.5-2kgs fresh vegies and fruit a day, lean proteins and fat from different sources, and I need to limit fibre as i often eat too much. I don't think I need to worry too much about micros....
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Since my goals are to lose some body fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible, I focus on calories and protein.