Past experience shows I need a mentor.

Options
I've been a member of myfitnesspal for over a year and have had mixed success with achieving my goals. Losing weight and getting fit should be so easy, If you don't eat, you'll loose weight. If you stay active and challenge your body a little each week, you'll stay fit. Simple right? At my age (60) you realize that if you don't use it, you'll loose it. Extra weight will definitely affect your activity level and probably shorten your life. I'm at a point where there is nothing that should stop me from achieving my goals, but I'd like to find someone at about the same age (male or female) that wants to share encouragement (both ways.) Say hello and let's help each other out.

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am 63, been on mfp 14 months. I have had much success and would be happy to share my experience with you
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    dgamari wrote: »
    I've been a member of myfitnesspal for over a year and have had mixed success with achieving my goals. Losing weight and getting fit should be so easy, If you don't eat, you'll loose weight. If you stay active and challenge your body a little each week, you'll stay fit. Simple right? At my age (60) you realize that if you don't use it, you'll loose it. Extra weight will definitely affect your activity level and probably shorten your life. I'm at a point where there is nothing that should stop me from achieving my goals, but I'd like to find someone at about the same age (male or female) that wants to share encouragement (both ways.) Say hello and let's help each other out.

@dgamari , I am 63 and would like to share encouragement, advice etc with you. I have had much success on mfp
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    55 here and I'm in better shape than I have been in years. This app and my friends on here is what keeps me motivated. I've lost 43 pounds so far and not looking back. Feel free to add me.
  • gavlewis23
    gavlewis23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm only 38 but I wanted to offer a little encouragement. It's NEVER easy. If it were everyone would do it, lol. I've been to the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley with fitness. Athlete to obese and back again. Diet and fitness are a part of life, not apart from it. When life hits hard, sometimes exercise can seem like an added luxury, rather than a necessity. And food can be very comforting (and quick). If it feels like it's "not happening" for you, that may be true. But I had ask myself several times, "if it's not happening, then what is and is it good?" At 38, I've turned that corner where fitness is less about aesthetics and all about health (mental and physical - endorphins are real!!!). Just thought I'd share. It may get tougher with age... but it was going to be kind of tough anyway. Good luck with your goals.