Struggling with commitment

Options
Hi I'm 53 years old and have a little over 100 pounds to lose. With such a mountain to climb, I find it hard to maintain the commitment for the long term. Any suggestions?

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Start with small goals. Aim to lose 10 lbs. When you've reached that goal, aim to lose another 10 lbs. Focus on the small goals and the big goals will take care of themselves.
    You can do this if you stay focused.
  • Cindyscolors
    Cindyscolors Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. You are right. I've always been an "all or nothing" king of person. That's the first thing I will change.
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    Start with small goals. Aim to lose 10 lbs. When you've reached that goal, aim to lose another 10 lbs. Focus on the small goals and the big goals will take care of themselves.
    You can do this if you stay focused.

This and don't give up if you gain! Your body takes a while to adjust. I'm saying this but it's the bit I struggle with the most!
  • carlypi314
    carlypi314 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Paytra. Small goals, one step at a time; whether it be a small weight goal, walking a bit further that week, or eating better. I try not to focus too hard on anything but the next two or three weeks at a time or else it starts to feel overwhelming.
  • Cindyscolors
    Cindyscolors Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You are so right. One for each area. Exercise, weight loss, and food.
  • trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, as mentioned above. Make small goals and don't stress. Just remember consistency is the key. As long as you keep at it, results are going to happen.
  • alicer4182
    alicer4182 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you gain, don't give up!! Slip ups happen to the best of us :blush: that's defiantly the biggest lesson I've learned trying to be healthy.... It's so frustrating but we gotta push thru it ,,,, u go this girl!!!!