Advice about my Withings wifi scale?

Options
Hi,

I've been weighing myself maybe 4-5 days a week with my withings scale for the last 3 months and according to trendweight, taking out the fluctuations, have been losing around 0.6kg per week which I'm happy with.

I weighed in on Monday (27th), I then weighed today (1st) so less than a week and have "lost" 9kg. Don't worry, I'm not delusional and understand that this cannot be a fat loss.

I just wanted some advice on what to do about my scales? Are they just broken - I use them on a hard floor. I tried checking them with some items of known weigh and they seemed to be fine - but these things clearly weigh a lot less than a human (especially me...)

The change is way over water weight fluctuations or whatever.

The only thing I can think of is (TMI coming) that due to very poor diet, I would have very infrequent bowel movements. More recently I've been cooking fresh food with plenty of vegetables and fibre and things are more regular. Is there any chance that this could account for that amount of weight - it seems truly gross that it could.

Any advice on how to check my scales would be appreciated. I'd really prefer not to have to buy new ones.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Any way you are willing to share your trendweight data? I know my WIthings is pretty damn good, whether I like the number or not (I like todays). I've not seen 18 lb differences though. Could it be a dying battery?

6m.png
  • jennknut
    jennknut Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also have a wifi scale and it also fluctuates. Try to weigh less often, maybe once or twice a week. Everyone fluctuates. Eating something salty one day can pack on a pound. But is it truly a pound? nope. Focusing on fresh food and vegetables is really truly the way to go. I ask myself did I really eat 3500 calories more to equal a pound? Nope. The scale is a guide and that is it. I weigh the same days and around the same time. Good luck
  • alibee1mfp
    alibee1mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It looks like my scale was playing an April Fool on me as it's back to normal today
    p180oh0s5owp.jpg

Super weird. Guess I'll just delete the reading and forget about it.

If you look at my graph, you'll see that I'm by no means obsessed with weighing myself. You get better trends if you do it everyday. Well, you can see how often I forget... You seem to have ignored that the "fluctuation" was 20 pounds. My weight going up and down a bit doesn't bother me at all.

Anyways, thanks for your help, hopefully it just won't happen again.
  • sinbos
    sinbos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What i always do with mine is; step shirtly on it and see if the displays goes all the Way back to zero, i dont know if this realy helps but every now and then is goes only back to 4kg or something then the second time it goes to zero.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    alibee1mfp wrote: »
    It looks like my scale was playing an April Fool on me as it's back to normal today

Super weird. Guess I'll just delete the reading and forget about it.

If you look at my graph, you'll see that I'm by no means obsessed with weighing myself. You get better trends if you do it everyday. Well, you can see how often I forget... You seem to have ignored that the "fluctuation" was 20 pounds. My weight going up and down a bit doesn't bother me at all.

Anyways, thanks for your help, hopefully it just won't happen again.

Agreed. Delete the reading (I'm not even sure how) and see if trendweight re-calcs the missed days. Can you check the battery with the app?

And yeah. You can blame the scale :)