50+ in age. Low carb..

Options
Hello all.. Trying to low carb. Lack motivation. Took diet medication..But as soon as you stop.... weight comes right back. The older you get the harder it is. We all need a little help.

Replies

• JudyLyn123
    JudyLyn123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck to you! You can do this!
  • bekhall91
    bekhall91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, what sort of things were you looking at doing? Low carb is a great start but depends how much you need in relation to your body weight and activity levels. Carbs are stored in the body with 3x the amount of water, so chances are the first few days/weeks of the 'diet' will be water weight lost.
    :) im studying Nutrition so let me know if you need any info

Good luck!
  • navalley
    navalley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Results from first week of KETO diet .5lbs lost. Positive Tried several new recipes. Enjoyed liberal use of butter and mayo. Negatives: Cravings, missing fruit, low energy for running. Think I will try it for one more week. What has been your experience? Expected a better loss in week one.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If I go too low on carbs at night I start snacking on anything sweet so my dietician suggested upping my carbs at dinner. I try to stay under 139 for the day to keep my blood sugar steady. No drastic diets work for me. Just calories in vs calories out and good food choices.