It's a bit embarrasing sometimes

Options
when people you haven't seen in a while suddenly blurt out "Oh my God, you lost weight. You look great." Then suddenly other people start to stare, sizing you up and down. These are my clients at the bank, and you know how you meet them at the lobby before their appointment, and in their excitement they say it loud enough for every other person in the bank to hear it and then the looks start. I don't usually get embarrased when I get those comments, but I guess it's the stares that get to me. Oh well, I guess that's better that the one comment I got a while ago..."Oh wow, I didn't know you're pregnant". Well, I wasn't.

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    it can be embaressing, definently. But remember to take joy in the ones who are noticing and anyone who wants to judge can look away
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i have always had a little baby pouch and before I ever had kids i would have patients ask me how far along I was, it was heart breaking and promted me to loose 70 lbs
    which I put back on + an additional 40 lbs having my kids,
    20 more to go and I am back to where I was before kids
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    LOL I know what you mean. The last time I lost weight I lost about 25-30 lbs and my dentist blurted out OMG YOU LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT! I followed by saying I lost about 25-30 lbs and she went on saying how it must have been more than that. I got so embarrassed! Everyone in the office started looking me up and down. AHHHH! lol

I also got the "when are you expecting?"! It was HORRIBLE! I wanted to cry.

Just be happy that its a noticeable change and that they are just trying to give you a compliment! Yay for you! :)
  • HayleeWho
    HayleeWho Posts: 14
    Options
    Having people say that you have lost weight is WAY better than people telling you that you look prego! :0
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My fav is, "Wow, you've lost a ton of weight!!" I know I struggle with my weight--but I've never weighed quite a ton :tongue:
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lol that's so funny cuz i was just thinking of that earlier....i have always been the wallflower, the fat girl in the corner that nobody notices. i was wondering how i would feel when people started noticing and pointing it out. wondering about the attention....
  • StarArly
    StarArly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hope some day I hear wow you've lost weight. I get the "are you pregnant?" all the time. Usually from strangers, woman doing my manicure etc... It makes me so sad. Especially since it has happened since I was 12!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    One of my best friends and biggest cheerleaders always makes it a point to comment on how "skinny" I'm getting. Whenever she sees me. No matter who's around. I love her to death for being a staunch supporter (since she's about 115 athletic pounds soaking wet) but sometimes the looks and then the questions of "how much have you lost" are a little daunting.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, it embarrasses me, too. In fact, when anyone I'm not close to notices and says something, I feel uncomfortable. There's a woman on my floor whom I don't really care for. She just bugs me. But I try to be polite. She started noticing my weight loss. Even when I went almost 2 months on a plateau where the scale wasn't moving, and I wasn't losing inches, she kept remarking about how I've lost weight every single time I'd run into her in the break room or ladies room. I wanted to scream in frustration that no, I had not lost any more weight since the last time she saw me.

I dunno. Unless we're good friends, I don't like for people to say something to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!