How long until I don't look like a bloated dead fish?

Options
I started heavy weight lifting 4 weeks ago. When does all the water weight go away? I'm bigger than when I started. I'm SO bloated. I look like a stuffed sausage in all my clothes. It's beyond frustrating and makes me not want to keep going. I had a really bad migraine for 3 days last week so I missed my workout and on the 3rd day my body looked SO much better. My husband and son both noticed that I looked smaller but the next day I did my weights again and am now back to the bloated dead fish look.

Does it ever go away when you are still weight lifting?

Replies

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I literally just posted a status about this ! I'd guess I'm about 6 weeks ish in and just this week it feels like some of it's going away . Also I have been making an effort to stay extra hydrated and tighten my macros up a bit
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Ok Well it's good to know that hopefully there will be an end to this craziness because it is really not a pleasant look.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    wow...I didn't know this would happen with heavy lifting! Why is this happening? Is it because the area becomes 'inflamed' and swells as it builds?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/4-supplements-that-are-good-for-your-life-as-well-as-your-lifting

113 papers on Pycnogenol.
    greenmedinfo.com/substance/pine-bark-extract

@SarahMorganP have you tried Pycnogenol yet? It is a new supplement to me but it seems to help with joint pain and inflammation from over doing it in general. Currently I am taking 300 mg 2x daily to test for a negative reaction for another person that is sensitive to any kinds of meds and so far so good. 100 mg once or twice a day seems to be standard dosage but the research papers link covers all of that.

Best of recovery to you and @zilkah .

ironmanmagazine.com/bark-extract-with-big-muscle-bite/
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I didn't swell up like you're talking about, but it took about 6 weeks for the scale to start dropping again after I started lifting weights. I gained about 6 lbs of water weight from lifting.