1200 calorie aim

Options
Struggling to stick to the aim MFP has given me. Im finding I'm snacking on just fruit and veg.

I don't exercise.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose per week? How much do you want to lose total?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You mean you're eating more or less than 1200 cals?
  • katieleggett_321
    katieleggett_321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose per week? How much do you want to lose total?
    I've it down for 1lb a week. aiming for about 10 pounds
  • katieleggett_321
    Options

Less
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Never mind. Already asked.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited April 2017
    Options

Less

Eat more food. Eat proper meals. Have more substantial snacks - smother apple slices or banana in nut butter. Yum!

With only 10lbs to lose, you might want to reduce your rate of loss....
  • katieleggett_321
    Options

Less

Eat more food. Eat proper meals. Have more substantial snacks - smother apple slices or banana in nut butter. Yum!

Sorry I mean I'm over eating
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    0.5/week is probably more realistic with only 10 lbs to go.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Less

Sorry I mean I'm over eating

Oh.... Definitely reduce your rate of loss. Can you try and add exercise?

I cope better with no snacks, I feel more satisfied with bigger meals less frequently. You might need to experiment with meal timing and frequency and macro breakdown to help you feel more full - I like more protein and loads of vegies to bulk up the volume.
  • katieleggett_321
    Options
    I usually cope better with say 4 tiny meals and a meal for tea
  • tifarahmonteith
    tifarahmonteith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I`m not sure how small/tall you are so this may not be what you need to hear, but 1200 kcal/day is generally not near enough food for an adult woman. If you aren`t taking in enough energy, your body isn't going to want to burn what you ARE taking in.... It`s going to try to hold onto everything it can for later, because it thinks there may not be enough coming again later to restore it.
  • katieleggett_321
    Options
    I`m not sure how small/tall you are so this may not be what you need to hear, but 1200 kcal/day is generally not near enough food for an adult woman. If you aren`t taking in enough energy, your body isn't going to want to burn what you ARE taking in.... It`s going to try to hold onto everything it can for later, because it thinks there may not be enough coming again later to restore it.

I'm 5ft and and 125 pounds

• dwntwn5
    dwntwn5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. If you friend me, you can see my diary. I have a VERY bland palette, so if you're a foodie, it may not be worth it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    0.5/week is probably more realistic with only 10 lbs to go.
    Agreed.

• haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am also on a 1200 cal. restriction. I find that if I eat a 400 to 500 calorie breakfast and limit my snacking options to meats olives and fruits, I save veggies for my meals so I dont get burn out. That I can stay within my 1200 limit with just little walking exercise.
  • BlueberryJoghurt
    BlueberryJoghurt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Since I dont do the diary here anymore: an example of a day with my 1.2k
    100g protein bread (260 cal) + 16g pb (100cal)
    100-200g of red bellpepper (32-64cal)
    500ml buttermilk (200cal)
    100g wholewheat pasta (360cal) 90g barilla ricotta (80cal)
    So I skip lunch but depending on how I feel eat other fruit/veggies thus the above amount to a little over 1k. I drink water or sugarfree sodas, black coffee/green tea or lemon water. (+ Im too lazy for exercise)

I try to keep snacking to a minimum since depending on your snack it can really weigh in on calories!

Like others said maybe go for 1.5k calories, its better to go slow and steady than to get frustrated over a few calories! (: