Whats up with that?

Options
I started counting getting back on the wagon(after falling off it during the holidays) back on janurary first. Its almost been a month. Well after I weighed in last saturday it was the same old number....185.6.so no weight loss for three weeks? OK, get this...I get on the scale this morning and its saying im down 5lbs:noway: :noway: :noway: Is that possible? Ive never lost 5lbs in one week before?

I did start doing something different this week....I started eating between 1600-1700 calories and thats iit. Nothing more regardless of how much I worked out. AND i started lifting weights agian(i took a break from the weights thinking it would shake things up a bit....ugh I hate plateaus's:angry: )

Im just not sure to trust the scale or not....thats a big lost?

Ive been meaning to get some more batteries for it for a couple of days now...i hope thats not the reason for the loss:ohwell:

What do you guys think...should I celebrate the weightloss? Im scared too:indifferent:

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I started counting getting back on the wagon(after falling off it during the holidays) back on janurary first. Its almost been a month. Well after I weighed in last saturday it was the same old number....185.6.so no weight loss for three weeks? OK, get this...I get on the scale this morning and its saying im down 5lbs:noway: :noway: :noway: Is that possible? Ive never lost 5lbs in one week before?

I did start doing something different this week....I started eating between 1600-1700 calories and thats iit. Nothing more regardless of how much I worked out. AND i started lifting weights agian(i took a break from the weights thinking it would shake things up a bit....ugh I hate plateaus's:angry: )

Im just not sure to trust the scale or not....thats a big lost?

Ive been meaning to get some more batteries for it for a couple of days now...i hope thats not the reason for the loss:ohwell:

What do you guys think...should I celebrate the weightloss? Im scared too:indifferent:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    first things first. DON'T trust the scale, scales you can buy in the store have a fudge factor, 1 or 2 pounds. I know that sucks to hear, but it's true. But don't let that discourage you, the scale should be nothing more then one of the 6 or 7 tools you use to benchmark your change to a healthier lifestyle, use it along with a tape measure, body fat analysis, bmi, exercise fatigue and endurance levels, and general feeling of health after/during workouts.

With that being said, your body can fluctuate a few pounds either way every day, due to water retention, bowls, and where you are in your cycle.

BUT

I doubt all of your recent success is due to arbitrary factors, So you should definitely feel good about the loss! Take it, use it as a motivator, and keep working. Remember, we're in this for the long haul, and you're body doesn't work on a clock, some weeks will be great, some will suck, but if you are consistent, patient, and don't rollercoster with every success and failure, over the long term you WILL win your battle and have the body and mind you want!
    YOU ARE stronger then your basic instincts, just tell yourself that your body won't dictate to you, but YOU will dictate to it!

Best luck to you

-Banks
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    Can't add anything more to Banks. Definitely celebrate the fact that there is weight loss and that you are continuing to stick with your goals of better health. That's awesome.

kudos *** to hating plateau's :bigsmile:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I've lost 5 lbs in 8 days before... but it could be water related you never know. The body is very mysterious.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    ok....I measured and IVE LOST 3 INCHES SINCE THE FIRST....thats enough proof for me:bigsmile: :drinker: . I will keep going and meanwhile im doing a happy danceBananezorro.gif
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I agree celebrate and that is awesome with 3 inch loss!!!