Vegan breakfast on the go

Options
1976lulu
1976lulu Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster! I usually take overnight oats to work for breakfast, or have cereal I keep in my drawer. However I often have to travel to another site for meetings and it's not practical to take my usual brekkie. I am really leaning to veganism (currently vegetarian)but I'm stumped for ideas for breakfast that I can eat on the way to meetings on the train that don't require lots of Tupperware. Any help welcome!

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    A banana and some PB?
  • MeroMMD
    MeroMMD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make spelt flat bread, which you can toss some seeds (sesame or hemp) and wrap it around some avocado... tastes great!! Videos on spelt flat bread online..
  • Taliafinch
    Taliafinch Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    vegan sausage and salad in a wrap.
    hummus and salad sandwich
    pop either in a sandwich bag.
  • mariameats
    mariameats Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on toast with half a banana and cinnamon . I eat this daily! or I make a fruit-spinach smoothie with almond milk.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chia porridge - chia seeds soaked almond milk, add cinnamon and berries
  • 1976lulu
    1976lulu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions- hadn't even thought about sandwiches or smoothies so I'll be adding these to the menu!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't want to deal with anything in the morning (I'm not a morning person.) I just want to grab something and go. I admit that my breakfast is usually just a piece of fruit and a protein bar. EASY. (I cook most of my other meals, though.) I'm not sure if it's a vegan bar, but it's plant based, not whey protein, so it's probably vegan. (I can't handle whey. I makes me bloat out to the next pant size. :p No thanks.) So if you're looking for something easy and portable and want to start out with some protein, just look for a vegan protein bar and grab a piece of fruit.
  • msr8898
    msr8898 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Toasted bagels stacked high with whatever you want...peanut butter, bananas, avocado, hummus, lettuce and tomato...and don't forget the toppings, like chia seeds, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, walnut or almond pieces, nutritional yeast, spices (cinnamon, allspice etc)...

Smoothies are always a solid go to in my book too, but usually require a bit more time for me to prepare. I typically go for a a cup of soy milk blended with a banana and protein supplement, but the combinations here really are limitless.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not much of a breakfast person but I love avocado on toast :) delicious and simple :p