I hate my arms!!!

Options
Hi i have really big arms and i hate them when i look at them they just make me wanna cry .... im big all over but its my arms i wanna see smaller.Does anyone have any tips on how to lose and tone them??? i'd be so greatful for ur help...x

Replies

• laurajane81
    Options
    Hi i have really big arms and i hate them when i look at them they just make me wanna cry .... im big all over but its my arms i wanna see smaller.Does anyone have any tips on how to lose and tone them??? i'd be so greatful for ur help...x
    Options
    Hi,
    Well you really can't spot loose on your weight loss but what can really help is alot of cardio and to tone your muscles is to do resistance training or to weight lift to tone your area's. This means the more muscles that you have the more cals you will burn. Don't worry you won't bulk up if you lift weights to tone if you keep them at a lower weight.
  • olgawill
    Options
    I so understand... I hate when my kids play with them as wings.
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Thanx ill give it ago ...x
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Ok, I use to hate my arms too...now not so much. I have three words for you..Strength Training, Cardio and Diet. Oh and another word....Water. ok,maybe thats five words:laugh: :laugh: :wink:

It will take time but once you start losing weight AND start strenght training....your arms will surprise you:drinker: Its so much fun seeing your body transform....good Luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do some chair dips to tone. Also, go online and start the hundred pushup challenge! I find both very useful. www.hundredpushups.com gives you the website for the pushups. It's very challenging!

Let us know your results! and, have fun with it.............
  • meganlkp
    Options
    Hi,

These excercises are pretty god and have worked for me though I do full body workouts as you cannot lose in one area :o)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PwEIAXTeICo&feature=related

also try this one: (marie claire - all these excercises are quite good)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wbBt9la9KqI
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old poked the back of my arms and said, "I like your arms, they're jiggly!" Don't you just love kids!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I used to hate my arms too but I spent a year really working my triceps and biceps and honestly they are now the most toned part of my body...I kind of like the way they look now. I never thought I wanted to be the "muscle" chick, but there is something empowering about cut arms and being strong.

Tricep dips are great. I also do tricep push ups and kick backs. Bicep curls. Do a lot of reps. Start light and when the weight you are using gets "easy"..it is time to move up. I used to be afraid of getting bulky, but my arms never bulked, they just started taking shape!
  • laurajane81
    Options
    wow thanks everyone im gonna give all ur adives a go i just wannt wear short sleved tops lol in the summer and not a hoodie....x again thanx guys ur all the reason y i love this site....x:drinker: