Coconut oil & honey on toast

Options
Coconut oil seems to be the latest health trend. Would coconut oil on toast taste weird?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Only one way to find out.
  • Luseil
    Luseil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use a peanut butter that is made with coconut oil too, its by Earth Balance and its amazing!
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like the coconut oil that actually has flavor vs the refined one with none. I LOVE the taste of it on toast, in coffee, in tea. But that's just me! I have to be careful with it or I'd end up eating a LOT of calories worth of the stuff a day lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Maybe. Butter on toast doesn't taste weird. It might taste a little coconutty.

ETA Don't get caught up in the "health trend" stuff. Just get good nutrition eating a reasonable amount of food.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I know the unrefined coconut oil makes my coffee taste great. I use as an awesome source of MTC oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides) that the liver can convert into ketones for brain/heart energy source. I have been doing that since Oct 2014.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It only tastes weird if your mother likes it too.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Coconut butter (as in the spread that is coconut oil and flesh processed together to make a paste like nut butter) and honey would be better.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and bread is a thing.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use it for cooking. It does add a nice coconutty flavour to your dishes, so it works better with some things.

Sweet breakfast foods: French toast, pancakes, waffles - yum!
    Eggs can work well with it too.

Sauteed shrimp and Asian recipes work nicely too.

And definitely baking!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of calories for toast. If you like the flavor and it fits your calories that's fine but coconut oil doesn't have any magic powers if you're expecting it to do something and most the articles I've seen lately say it's super overrated.