Type 1 diabetic

Options
Type one diabetic and working out with diet. Hard to keep that sugar level, drops badly while working out and at night. Adjusting my pump settings, waiting on new Medtronic pump so this gets better. Haven't lost a thing and gained 3 pounds. No cheating at all . But plan to keep going. Most likely not eating enough

Replies

• etruscansunited
    etruscansunited Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Keep chatting - letting us know of your progress and experiences.
    Are you keeping records? Weight; exercise type and duration; bgls ior csgl before during and long after the exercise...
    Which nutritional path are you following?
    Any other complications?
    Not prompting for answers here in this forum - only touching on a few key things that you might think about if you haven't already
  • kelblanton
    kelblanton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to Fitnesspal and have Type 1 Diabetes too. I know the frustrations of trying to lose weight while managing blood sugar (well, trying to) - I have a Tandem insulin pump that helps and recently started using a Continuous Glucose Monitor - still getting used to it but so far it's great. With weight loss, I've managed to lose some over the past few months and basically went through a bazillion glucose tabs to get through it. So I keep going and tracking what I eat/how much exercise I get...glad to hear you plan to keep going!
  • epetrik409
    epetrik409 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi....new to MyFitnessPal and finding it extremely helpful by tracking my food intake. I have Late Onset Adult diabetes Tyoe 1 (diagnosed almost 6 years ago at age 59) and am on a Medtronic pump. After experiencing a number of low blood sugar episodes after working out , my doctor changed the settings on my pump...carb ratio, BG target and sensitivity. Doing so much better and have already lost some weight. I just hate to use up calories trying to recover from having low BS!
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I’m type 2 and going thru the same thing sucks gotta take a protein bar everywhere I go