Completely petty, but I miss the compliments

Options
2»

Replies

• pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think I am sort of expecting the compliments once my weight loss becomes more noticeable... and I'm sure I'll miss them. I don't think it's petty, or if it is, I am a bit too.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    we could have a comment swap :) I will tell you how slim you are looking and commiserate how tough it is.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Although, I will admit, it also feels good to not be known as the chubby one in the group, too.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It feels good to give a compliment and to receive one. You're doing great! By the way, nice pic!. :)
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    It feels good to give a compliment and to receive one. You're doing great! By the way, nice pic!. :)

Thanks!
  • Iwannabfit76
    Iwannabfit76 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd pin my before picture on my shirt and walk around work like a boss :D
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You know I realized the same thing recently. The first time I lost all my weight (2012) I enjoyed the comments immensely, but the high was short lived because I majorly failed at maintenance. This time I lost it all, I'm smaller and fitter than ever. I do like receiving compliments but I also feel they are backwards like "wow your so small, you look great!" Is really the unspoken "damn you were big, you looked awful!" That they simply didn't want to say before. I know it isn't so but I feel differently this time depending on how it's worded. I'm determined never to go back so I'm trying to bask in the compliments while they are still coming.
  • wellthenwhat
    Options
    Mini_Medic wrote: »
    You know I realized the same thing recently. The first time I lost all my weight (2012) I enjoyed the comments immensely, but the high was short lived because I majorly failed at maintenance. This time I lost it all, I'm smaller and fitter than ever. I do like receiving compliments but I also feel they are backwards like "wow your so small, you look great!" Is really the unspoken "damn you were big, you looked awful!" That they simply didn't want to say before. I know it isn't so but I feel differently this time depending on how it's worded. I'm determined never to go back so I'm trying to bask in the compliments while they are still coming.

You can do it!!!