The 21-Day Sugar Detox Challenge!

Options
jnjj
jnjj Posts: 4 Member
Yes, I'm starting 2 weeks BEFORE a big chocolate-filled holiday!

I generally eat a low-carb, healthy diet but have a giant sugar addiction and it's getting out of control. I just ordered 'The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally' by Diane Sanfilippo, which got great reviews on Amazon. There is no official start date for this challenge but would like daily check-in's to hear how everyone is doing. Who's in?

Replies

• ashleyyoung1977
    ashleyyoung1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So do I need to order the same book to participate in this challenge? And if not, than what should I be doing? Thanks!
  • jnjj
    Options
    This is an informal "challenge" with the only requirement being to avoid sugar for 21 days with daily check-in's. I bought the book because I'm a sugar addict and need some extra motivation, guidance and support.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If it is just added sugar then I am in! I've done this before and felt amazing. Went on holiday and never quite regained the control. Today is Day 3 of being added sugar free for me! Would love to get to 21 days!
  • ammabanananas
    ammabanananas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I need all the support i can get with this.
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Fresh maple syrup and jelly beans have been messing with me !
  • jnjj
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @ChaleGirl congrats on Day 3! Was it very difficult the first time you did this?
    @ammabanananas I need support to! Thanks for joining!
    @dlmciver jellybeans are going to be everywhere soon. You'll need to stay strong! My weakness is chocolate, which is everywhere too right now.
  • jnjj
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but this winter I started drinking Starbucks hot chocolate every morning. I going to switch to green tea but already know it won't be nearly as satisfying. :(
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Day 5, still going strong. How is everyone else doing?
    @jnjj it wasn't too bad the first time actually. I just took it day by day and told myself there are so many delicious other things I can have!