Feeling fed up and frustrated!

rachelll11
rachelll11 Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been stuck at the same weight for 4 months now. I lose a few lbs then gain them again. I measure and watch what I eat, I do a lot of walking and have started running. I'm seriously starting to feel depressed - it doesn't matter what I do I can't lose this weight. I'm breastfeeding my toddler but prior to this halt in weight loss it hasn't been an issue. I gave up chocolate and cakes for lent and I honestly thought it would help but I've only maintained weight. I do also suffer from IBS and spend a lot of my time feeling bloated and uncomfortable. My IBS is the sort that isn't triggered by a specific food either. I'm starting to really give up because I hate my body. Any ideas?

Replies

• Harbin2017
    Harbin2017 Posts: 32 Member
    You should probably wait until you finish breastfeeding. once finished you would be able to stay in a deficit. If you are not accurately logging food and counting calories you probably eat more than you think. It is easy bcs BF increases hunger and cravings in my opinion. Stay positive, dont hate your body, focus on your child and try making healthier choices (e.g. Cakes and chocolate should be probably given up for a lil longer than just lent or eaten in very small amounts). Good luck!
  • eggdev
    eggdev Posts: 28 Member
    Maybe give yourself a break? Forget about the weight!
    Just make a list of your major "No's" and stick to them. Instead, focus on you and your baby's health with healthy foods and try your best to just be happy.
    My No's are Sugar, Fried Foods and Bread.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Don't hate your body! Your body did something amazing by growing a healthy baby and bringing into this world and continues on a daily basis to nourish your precious child. Your body was a wonderful gift from God. Maybe just focus on being good to it for now and eating nutritious food to ensure your passing on all that baby needs and know that you have the rest of your life to make good choices for your body and it will eventually reflect that in your weight/physique;)
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Some excellent advice here. Be kinder to yourself.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Read through this chart, and adjust the parts you aren't currently doing.

x9ono915q444.jpg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    There, there. Open your diary to public so we can help.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    I know this sounds a bit flippant, but look on the bright side, you have not put on! I am surprised with a little one still feeding you even have time to think about mfp and tracking, well done you.