Motivation to lose weight

Options
Ria1984
Ria1984 Posts: 20 Member
Hey y'all,
Just looking for friends who also have a lot to lose. I have struggled with weight my whole life but after many failed diet attempts, I realize now it's more a mental thing. It's gotta be a lifestyle change. when I hit a plateau, I just keep eating healthy and continue exercising instead of getting discouraged and giving up. Every day that I work out, I just tell myself I am healthier today than I was yesterday and that mindset has really helped. I began this journey and now have almost 30 lbs off. My motivation is just being in better health for my 2 children and also I am recently engaged and my wedding will be in may 2018...so now I HAVE to lose the weight if I'm squeezing this big butt in a gown haha below is my progress photo so far... from Jan 15th to April 2nd xzvawnrdac9t.png

Replies

• phubb3
    phubb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I restarted yesterday and your motivation is exactly what I'm looking for. Your right one step at a time and you will be stronger and healthier. Please add me as a friend. I would love to continue to see all your hard work. And picures of your soon to be wedding.
  • klawley36
    klawley36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far, you should be really proud of your achievement! I had almost 100lbs to lose and im 44.5lbs down. I am at a weight right now that I have hit many times but NEVER got to lower than it and then I get demotivated, mess it up and the cycle starts again. I have told my partner to throw the scales out and will only be weighing at the gym from now on. I weighed on Saturday and the intention is now to not weight till March 1st.
    My advice would be be honest with yourself (I definitely didn't measure my portions as much as I should of) and be realistic. And also try not to rely on the scales too much, it doesn't always give you an accurate measurement of the changes happening in your body x
  • likenbooks
    likenbooks Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have A LOT to lose and am always looking for inspiration and motivation to keep me going. I recently did my first 5k which required going to laps, I only completed one but it was a start. You're doing great and it shows. I've sent you a friend request so we can support one another. :)
  • Ria1984
    Ria1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm still watching my portions and def eating better... I work overnight so I would eat on my breaks after having already had dinner. Now on my hour lunch break which is about 3:30 am, I go to my gym (anytime fitness) and do the strength training machines. I do not deprive myself but I don't eat those things like I used to (pasta) no soda, no fast food, hardly any juice, just water mostly. I will have ice cream still once a month but not a big bowl like I would in the past. After having my 2 children, my hips def widened but I also know the majority was me and unhealthy habits. I am on the right track though and doing what I know I will continue to do after I feel I reached my goal weight. I still occasionally go to a restaurant once a month .. and while I know my weight might go up, I also know I just need to get it back down and be more aware of what I order.
  • dpete2225
    dpete2225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi and if you need/want a friend that is also busting their butt to get in the best shape of their life, here I am!