Health Professional Needing His Own Advice

Options
Hi, I'm an exercise physiologist who has 50 lbs to lose. I have been through a few rough years where I have let food be my support. Now I've begun changing and am working towards becoming healthy and eventually losing those 50. 1 year goal is down 50. Thanks

Replies

• beantag
    Options
    Hi, I'm an exercise physiologist who has 50 lbs to lose. I have been through a few rough years where I have let food be my support. Now I've begun changing and am working towards becoming healthy and eventually losing those 50. 1 year goal is down 50. Thanks
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hi bean. GOOD FOR YOU! being an EP you know what it take to change your body. And I'm sure you've at least seen what it takes to change the mind, so I'm confident you can do it. And KUDOS to you for setting a nice, reasonable, but still very strong goal!
    And when you have reached your goal, you can be that much better at connecting with some of your patients.

Welcome, and best of luck to you.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I noticed in your profile you are from Alabama, so am I. So welcome from a fellow Alabamian! You can do this and this website is a great tool for doing it!!
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

You will be a valuable asset to us here!

~Mel
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here and find it very supportive, motivational, and very helpful. Everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    I really do know where you are coming from on this. College was rough on me and I used food as comfort.

Now, I am a graduating Dietician who is still about 40 pounds overweight. Before I started MFP, I was about 95 pounds overweight.

What I have been doing is documenting my weight loss journey through pictures so I can show my future clients that I have been through the same thing they have and that it IS possible to succeed.

Good luck to you, I know you can do whatever you set your mind to!:flowerforyou:

-Kelly
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome beantag! And good luck - this is such a great site, you will love it here! Good luck in your quest, be strong! :drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I really do know where you are coming from on this. College was rough on me and I used food as comfort.

Now, I am a graduating Dietician who is still about 40 pounds overweight. Before I started MFP, I was about 95 pounds overweight.

What I have been doing is documenting my weight loss journey through pictures so I can show my future clients that I have been through the same thing they have and that it IS possible to succeed.

Good luck to you, I know you can do whatever you set your mind to!:flowerforyou:

-Kelly

his_kelly - Wow! Congrats on weight loss to date - and what a GREAT idea to have a photo journal to share with future clients! Its so nice to work with people who have a true understanding of your station in life - your clients will be so comfortable and never feel judged! What a nice idea you had:heart:
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options

-Kelly

his_kelly - Wow! Congrats on weight loss to date - and what a GREAT idea to have a photo journal to share with future clients! Its so nice to work with people who have a true understanding of your station in life - your clients will be so comfortable and never feel judged! What a nice idea you had:heart:

Thank You :smile:

One of my greatest fears is that I won't be taken seriously as a professional if I am overweight. I really appreciate your kind words!