Best Cardio workout!

Options
I want lose weight quick, can anyone tell me what is the best cardio excercise/workout.

Replies

• VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Personally jumping rope does it for me!
  • ShielaFrancisco
    ShielaFrancisco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and Instructor will help you.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    The one you enjoy and can stick to:).
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Interval Training on the Treadmill or Exercise bike.

Or... Whichever you enjoy the most...
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think the Stronger programme with Nicky Holender, free on YouTube, is fabulous cardio.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Whichever one you enjoy and will stick to doing.

But weight loss is created by caloric deficit and your diet is the primary driver of that.

This.

Also, you shouldn't aim to lose weight fast. You need to form lifelong habits.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Zumba - loads of fun and burns a lot of calories (more than aerobics) if you put the effort in. Or clubbercise if there is a class near you - no-one can see if you go wrong because its dark! If you want a DVD, I like Davina McCall's workouts or Lorraine Kelly's "Living to the Max" is a hard but fun workout (you can make it less hard e.g. by only doing one section).
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

But weight loss is created by caloric deficit and your diet is the primary driver of that.

So true. I can out eat hours at the gym in about 30 seconds easily lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    saundts wrote: »
    I want lose weight quick, can anyone tell me what is the best cardio excercise/workout.

lose weight quick? what does this mean?

Calorie deficit.. stick to a calorie deficit.. Use the exercise to enhance your weight loss and health and fitness goals!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for calorie burn, running and jump rope seem to be the biggest raw burners. Otherwise like others have said, calorie defecit is the ultimate factor. Cardio and weights for health. Defecit for weight loss.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love to climb the steps and run up and down it seriously is amazing! And it's free!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    saundts wrote: »

lose weight quick? what does this mean?

Calorie deficit.. stick to a calorie deficit.. Use the exercise to enhance your weight loss and health and fitness goals!

I agree with this quote! It's definitely about the calorie deficit not sure Op gets it .
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Choose something that you will enjoy and is right for you :smile: Every day, I use my treadmill for 5 minutes at fast walking speed, 30 minutes at running (nearly sprinting) speed and 5 minutes after at fast walking speed again!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Nordic skiing. Competitive Nordic skiers are the fittest people on Earth.
  • HealthierAnn
    HealthierAnn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Personally I like kickboxing workouts like Turbo Jam or Cathe Friedrich videos. I also like walking videos with Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith. Jessica Smith has ton of videos on You Tube.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Obviously as others have said - which ever cardio you enjoy and will most likely stick with. However, I have noticed that HIIT (high intensity interval training) works for me. (I'm not a big fan at trying to lose weight to quickly, most will crash and burn. I feel progressive is more sustainable.)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I will put in another vote for skiing. My last trip I ate and drank like a monster and only gained one pound. My go to is running, other than shoes its cheap and all I have to do is open my front door to get there.