green tea diet

Options
any thoughts ?

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    green tea does speed up metabolism, but dont you dare just drink that all day and eat nothing else!!
  • shootoutx3
    shootoutx3 Posts: 24
    Options
    Tried it..gave me an irregular heartbeat..I don't recommend it.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    im not really sure of the benefits of drinking this stuff. i tried it a couple of times and was pretty much like drinking hot water. must be something about it if it is marketed so aggressively
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It'll work for a bit. Nothing will ever beat hard work.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and drink it everyday with raspberries in it...but for weightloss?? How does that work? Is it supposed to be all you consume or something, because that's just plain ridiculous if so!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    im not really sure of the benefits of drinking this stuff. i tried it a couple of times and was pretty much like drinking hot water. must be something about it if it is marketed so aggressively

It has a high level of antioxidants, as do most teas, but green tea is unfermented so a little better. You actually have to drink several cups of tea a day to get the antioxidant benefit (4-5 cups say most sources). I don't think it's ever been scientifically shown to help with weight loss though.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I like it. I haven't heard of a "green tea diet" though. I am naturally suspicious of "diets" anyway.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    i tried it last year summer all i drink was green tea an nothing eles i try my best not to eat, well it worked a little i did lose a few pounds but its not healthy and it taste bad to me i drink mine with little to no sugar, i would say just try to lose weight the healthy way diet and exercise it may take longer to lose the weight but it will stay off longer.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I drink diet gree tea everyday. But I drink it because I like the taste, it's good for you and has 0 cals. Much better than drinking soda. But idk about a green tea diet, never heard of it.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I like it. I haven't heard of a "green tea diet" though. I am naturally suspicious of "diets" anyway.

LOL I just said the same thing, but didn't see this!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a green tea diet, I just drink it regularly - before and after meals. It makes me full faster and speeds up my metabolism.
  • Ohsixoh8
    Ohsixoh8 Posts: 8
    Options
    i already do it actually, and i do exercise and diet. it sped up my metabolism. im not sure if it was the green tea or not, but i'd lose half a pound a DAY. sounds crazy but its true. i actually like the taste of green tea, so i drink it a lot