Ketosis Way of Eating

Options
I've been eating high fat/low carb since February 28th and have lost 8 lbs, 2 dress sizes and 14 inches so far. Love everything about this WOE... from bacon to fat bombs!!
Anyone else here adapting to the Keto lifestyle?

Replies

• xlalaxlissa
    xlalaxlissa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am trying....My body does not let the food exit of you know what I mean...What veggies do you eat
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I tried it at the beginning of my loooong road from 240 to 160 and honestly there is no damn way I would have been able to hack keto for the entire 2 years it took. If it's working for you, great... but if and when it doesn't don't abandon your plan, just move to a more flexible one.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I began keto on Feb 20th! I'm down 11.2lbs. I feel fantastic. My energy doesn't dip like it used to and I don't feel like falling asleep at my desk! I did a lot of research on keto before starting it and I believe in the science - early humans didn't have access to refined sugar and starchy carbs the way we eat them today and ketosis is very close to what our natural state should be. You should join Reddit. There are a TON of people who have lost and maintained for years. The losing state is more difficult but maintenance keto is a lot closer to "normal" eating. Don't let anyone who thinks it sounds crazy deter you.

For the problem of being backed up (super common on this diet) ... try a magnesium supplement. Around 300-400 mg/day. Don't go overboard -- too much can make you ill. Magnesium also helps with muscle cramping.

And I cannot stress enough that you need to be drinking water. Seems obvious, but when you don't--the cramps and digestion issues are sooo much worse.

Keep calm and keto on my friends! :) Add me for keto support !
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi DTibbets! I started my Low Carb plan on 2/27 and I feel that I am adapting well. My goals, in addition to weight loss, have to do with dietary regulation of Diabetes Type II, so under the supervision of a Nutritionist, I am working to incorporate these healthy changes to my life. I feel wonderful so far and I feel confident that I will be able to keep these changes in the forefront of my life going forward. My health depends upon that success. Having said that, I am working hard to build a new "normal" into my life that doesn't include breads, pastas, etc. There are so many yummy alternatives that, with a little effort, can become normal in our world.

Keep up the good work, it is worth it!