I am an expert at losing weight... and putting it back on again.

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    yep we have to keep an eye on things even when we get to goal or we could slip in to old habits again.
  • twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat,, have lost and gained a few times,, soo not happy with myself this last time after I have put 40 lbs back on and now it is time to deal with it.. Please feel free to add me,,, Would love any new friends,, advice or if I can help would be happy too,, Happy Monday everyone!!
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I lost 45lbs a couple years ago and had a baby....I've gained it all back plus some. I'm so upset with myself. Starting crossfit today with my husband and plan on sticking with this. Add me! :)
  • Cedura
    Cedura Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am also the same way. Feel free to add me!
  • friction_thighs
    friction_thighs Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I always used to try and get fit for an event, like a wedding, a holiday or a school reunion. Then eat and slob when it was over, and undo all the great work I did. That's where I am right at the moment. But now I've decided to view the event as "the rest of my life" and the fitness regime I start again now, WILL BE THE NEW NORMAL GOING FORWARD - wish me luck guys!
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I too have lost, stopped, gained, rinse, repeat for over a year now. I tend to do the low/no carb which I've found is unsustainable in the long run for me. So I've decided to just eat sensibly, not denying myself anything but focusing on consuming mor healthy foods the majority of the time. Elimination diets do not work for me.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I lost a tonne of weight in 2015 and in the last 6 months or so have put half of it back on. It sucks but life got in the way and now it's time to just dust myself off and do it all over again. You can do it! :smile: feel free to add me, I'm always happy to help/motivate anyone!
  • activeashlee
    activeashlee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel and I am currently RESTARTING my journey at the moment! Feel free to all add me as I could use some supportive friends that are in the same boat! x
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm a pro bullrider at this rodeo...
  • MrsChapmanTwo
    MrsChapmanTwo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep me too - I lost a bunch of weight several times, only to regain it again (plus a couple extra pounds along for the ride). I seem to get to a point where I'm almost at my goal, hit a major plateau and decide "screw it" and go off the eating less, exercising more, counting everything plan. I wonder if it's that I don't have the will to restrict my diet enough to reach an ultimate "healthy" weight for me. I can restrict it to a certain point, but let's just say I could never live a 100% "clean" lifestyle. Also I'm short so when I get to a lower weight my calories are already so low that to go even lower means 0 wiggle room. We're talking no sweets, no alcohol, nada. This time I'm setting my ultimate goal a little higher - so that I'm merely overweight, but not obese - 140lbs for me, and then assess if I should go for the extra 10-15 to put me in the "healthy weight" range.
  • susiemayo8
    susiemayo8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    angej2 wrote: »
    I've successfully lost weight numerous times with MFP but this time I'm here to stay. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I've finally come to the realisation that in order to lose weight and keep it off I'm going to need to continue to monitor my intake once on maintenance. If you're planning on sticking around even once the weight is gone please feel free to add me, it would be great if we could motivate each other! :smiley:
    I've successfully lost weight numerous times with MFP but this time I'm here to stay. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I've finally come to the realisation that in order to lose weight and keep it off I'm going to need to continue to monitor my intake once on maintenance. If you're planning on sticking around even once the weight is gone please feel free to add me, it would be great if we could motivate each other! :smiley:

• susiemayo8
    susiemayo8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm in the same boat. I've tried this a bunch of times, but honestly this is the first time I've added friends. It's only been a couple days so far but it's already helped SO MUCH. I have this stupid candy drawer at work and I usually take like 10 trips every day. But I didn't go once today because I had some awesome people encouraging me and motivating me to stay on track. I'm here for you if you need support or if you're having a weak moment. This will be THE time you lose the weight and keep it off