Dumb stuff you ordered

Options
JeepHair77
JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
Saturday, my husband and our boys decided to go eat chicken wings and watch the Final Four games. I'm not a basketball fan, especially, but I AM a fan of chicken wings, especially the smoked chicken wings at this particular owl-themed establishment, so I decided to crash their boy party and tag along.

About an hour later, I was bored of basketball, but one of the TVs had on the infomercial channel or something, and I found myself sucked into the Cindy Crawford "Meaningful Beauty" spot. Sound off, no subtitles, but you don't need 'em, what with the side-by-sides of Cindy at 25 and today, with skin even BETTER at 50, and the slow-mo shots of ladies lovingly applying cream to their perfect cheeks. Close-ups of Lori Laughlin's vanishing laugh lines. And the flashing text like, "$59.99 $49.99!" and "60-day Money Back Guarantee!" and "Free Gift!!!" was all I needed to know.

Right there at the table, on my smartphone/enabling device, I ordered the kit.

My husband gets bank notifications on his phone. So just a few minutes later, his apple watch buzzes, and he looks down, then turns to me - "you ORDERED that???"

Some people make stupid drunk decisions. I make stupid basketball-induced boredom decisions.

Go on. What crazy thing did you order lately? I know someone around here ordered the flex tape. You can tape your BOAT with it!!!

Replies

• dpack347b
    dpack347b Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    An overpriced apple slicer that broke the first time I used it...
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That's not too bad a purchase. I've heard of worse, put it that way. You can return it or cancel the order within a timeframe, surely? :)

I've ordered some ludicrous things when intoxicated on a night out. Was a good reason to stop drinking.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Somehow I managed to get FOUR tubs of the same flavor of protein powder. How the eff? 4! Gonna be having a lot of that one SMH. Good thing I like it well enough. I was just getting one to try it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    More running shoes.....

It's an issue, it damn sure is.

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I ordered a sunglasses subscription. 3 new pairs (in colors and styles I preselected but final product unseen) ever three months for a year. all for the low price of $104. S&H included!

What a dealio!!!

Awaiting the arrival of my first 3 pairs!

MERICA!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I ordered a sunglasses subscription. 3 new pairs (in colors and styles I preselected but final product unseen) ever three months for a year. all for the low price of $104. S&H included!

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

.... shouldn't that be: China! ??
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

Made in CHI....cago.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

yeah, back in college, alcohol and late night infomercials were not my friend. well, they were, for a little bit. at least until morning, if i remembered.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Has anyone ordered that wide tape? The stuff that they cut a boat in half and then tape it together and then put it out on the water?

It really just looks like wide duct tape. Do people fall for that crap?

EDIT: It's called FLEX TAPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzN6FM5x_E
  • Motorsheen
    Options

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

Made in CHI....cago.

Awesome.

I always try to buy American made.

It ain't easy!
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

Made in CHI....cago.

Awesome.

It ain't easy!

Meh...buying Merican is overrated anymore.

Most raw materials are sourced outside the U.S. anyway.

Embrace the global one world economy/government/Illuminati.

The Georgia Guidestones and what not.

Whiskey beer tango Foxtrot
  • Motorsheen
    Options

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

Made in CHI....cago.

Awesome.

It ain't easy!

American Audio Gear, Watches & Boots are still on my radar
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I often order way too much food after having a couple of drinks. Like the time at an all inclusive I was hanging out since the boy was sleeping and I ordered the entire menu, then fell asleep, then woke up to the server lady with the trays of food who was telling me about her daughter being carnival queen for her school and how I looked like a surfer...that was a weird evening.

but that was weird stuff I ordered
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I shop a lot online and should know by now to stop ordering shoes and boots (unless they are my go to brand/style of running shoes). Shoes need to be tried on typically. Returns and exchanges are a bit of a pain. I'm a bit of a shoe hoarder, truth be told.

I also ordered a subscription to Wen, which was fine but now I have at least a 3 years supply of all the extra stuff it comes with. I can't use Wen anymore, so I have a couple extra bottles of it too.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Options

What a dealio!!!

MERICA!!!

Instead of Murcia!

Made in CHI....cago.

Awesome.

It ain't easy!

American Audio Gear, Watches & Boots are still on my radar

+1 on the boots.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Most anything related to a family member's Tupperware, Pampered Chef, LuLaRoe, or Scentsy party: $40 plastic bowl with lid; $200 wok; hideous AF leggings and skirt; night-light/scent warmers featuring scalding-hot wax that burns flesh and destroys carpet. I keep ordering to avoid having to throw one of the freaking parties myself. NEVER.

Oh my god I have so much freaking Tupperware. So much.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I didn't purchase it... but my dad bought me a $200 pan. As much as I love that man, I got mad at him for wasting his money, I loved the sentiment but still $200!!!! He could have bought me a Snickers and I would have been so much happier. So now I make fajitas in a $200 pan lol
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I shop a lot online and should know by now to stop ordering shoes and boots (unless they are my go to brand/style of running shoes). Shoes need to be tried on typically. Returns and exchanges are a bit of a pain. I'm a bit of a shoe hoarder, truth be told.

I also ordered a subscription to Wen, which was fine but now I have at least a 3 years supply of all the extra stuff it comes with. I can't use Wen anymore, so I have a couple extra bottles of it too.

I have to NOT order from Zappos. I always seem to order two or three pairs at once. Why? Never as good as buying in the store - with the exception of running shoes, as you say. Even then I get two pairs at a time, though, which is crazy. No. No Zappos for me.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Well, this makes me feel better about the bag of mustache whistles I purchased recently, lol.