OH MY word!! Picky eaters who need their veggies!!

Options
Lizzypb88
Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
I seriously am the worst eater, and trying to find ways to mix up vegetables and get them in my food... this isn't a recipe (although there's many on Pinterest for it)- golden zucchini pancakes!!! If you google it, it's a kosher product with no preservatives, only 70 calories, 3g fat, 8 carbs, 1 sugar!! The ingredients are very short list on the box- zucchini, carrots, potato starch, egg whites, canola oil, and onion... they taste EXACTLY like a good fattening potato pancake, although you can see the green zucchini in it, you can't even taste it! My daughter who has refused previous attempts of me sneaking in food tried this, and begged me to heat another one!!

THEYRE SO GOOD!! I must tell everyone lol!

Replies

• jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Haha, I also need ideas, but not for me, for my very, very picky 2 year old boy! So far I've been able to sneak pumpkin into brownies, but that's about it. Other than that all he'll eat for veggies is green beans and tomato sauce :P
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    ebaroldy wrote: »
    I seriously am the worst eater, and trying to find ways to mix up vegetables and get them in my food... this isn't a recipe (although there's many on Pinterest for it)- golden zucchini pancakes!!! If you google it, it's a kosher product with no preservatives, only 70 calories, 3g fat, 8 carbs, 1 sugar!! The ingredients are very short list on the box- zucchini, carrots, potato starch, egg whites, canola oil, and onion... they taste EXACTLY like a good fattening potato pancake, although you can see the green zucchini in it, you can't even taste it! My daughter who has refused previous attempts of me sneaking in food tried this, and begged me to heat another one!!

THEYRE SO GOOD!! I must tell everyone lol!

They are good! As are their sweet potato and plain potato varieties!
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    Haha, I also need ideas, but not for me, for my very, very picky 2 year old boy! So far I've been able to sneak pumpkin into brownies, but that's about it. Other than that all he'll eat for veggies is green beans and tomato sauce :P

How about a pureed vegetable soup? Or sneaking veggie into the tomato sauce? Cauliflower in the mashed potatoes?

• ericpiccione
    ericpiccione Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If they like chicken wings I made these the other day and they have a fraction of the calories,fat and relatively high in protein/vitamins http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/buffalo-cauliflower-bites/?bb=disable if you don't like hot sauce you can substitute the coating with something else that's thick like barbecue or something daring like honey mustard
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Roasted okra
    Sprinkle cut okra with small amount on evolution, salt, Italian seasoning or Cajun seasoning. Stir. Roast at 400 degrees in flat sheet plan. 20-25 minutes. Stir at 10 minutes.

Slightly crunchy. Great side dish.