Looking for support group or accountability partner

I am 55, grew up active and fit and maintained weight with ease until 40. Slowing down, stress eating has lead me to 40 lbs over weight. I want to stay in my recreational sports but my knees are feeling the weight. I started in Jan on the fitness pal program and lost 13 lbs in the first 6 weeks and then the dreaded....... plateau. I have maintained the same weight now for a month and need encouraging advice to guide me forward. Why is this not working?

Replies

• mczaplicki3769
    mczaplicki3769 Posts: 4 Member
    I've been there after the birth of my second son. I lost a lot of weight thru the old app and being careful. Then yes the dreaded plateau. I am not best for advice but great at encouraging!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,764 Member
    I gained a kilo over Christmas so from January I tracked religiously with the aim of losing 200g a week. Great plan, right? How things played out: despite super vigilance and accurate logging my weight remain unchanged for 10 weeks, then I lost nearly 2kg overnight. Weight loss is a mind game – it's not at all logical or linear. But stick with it, you will get there, the weight will drop... eventually.