completing this entry

Options
What exactly does this do other than tell you how much you'd weigh in 5 weeks if every day was like this?

Replies

• LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Paula! The 5 weeks thing could be a motivator if you had a good day and didn't go over your cals or stayed under. I just completed them all since I've been on here (not even 2 weeks), and every day had a different weight I could be in 5 weeks :smile:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Paula! The 5 weeks thing could be a motivator if you had a good day and didn't go over your cals or stayed under. I just completed them all since I've been on here (not even 2 weeks), and every day had a different weight I could be in 5 weeks :smile:

Absolutely! I did find for the first year or so that it was pretty motivating.
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find it also serves as a "warning" - if I massively go over my goals (usually through consuming too many post-workout beers) it tells me that I'd gain about 5kg in 5 weeks if every day were like this! Hence the fluctuations. I find it a useful reminder of what's good for my goals and what, frankly, I shouldn't be doing. Which I know anyway but having it in black and white (or RED) is more motivating. Good luck!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It also keeps a report of your calories, macros and nutrition when you remember to complete your entries, but, I don't know if MFP does that anyway with uncompleted entries
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It also keeps a report of your calories, macros and nutrition when you remember to complete your entries, but, I don't know if MFP does that anyway with uncompleted entries

It does that with uncompleted entries too. Closing out your diary does nothing but the 5 week projection and the post to your wall. The reports are generated when you enter food, not when you complete the diary.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I haven't completed a single diary in 3 years, and all my reports are recorded. It basically serves as a button that you press to tell yourself "I'm done eating for today", then further asserts that tendency by telling you how much you would weigh and posting it on your feed to make it feel final so you are less tempted to add more food. If you have an inner button and don't need that extra stop sign, you don't need to complete your diary.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this and think I'll use it at least for a while. I don't seem to have that "inner button", or I wouldn't be where I'm at :smile: