Activity level?

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP and I'm unsure as to what Activity level to select. I work six days a week as a house keeper at a hotel so from 8 - 12/1 o'clock I'm very active (on my feet the entire time, up and down stairs, stripping & remaking beds, cleaning, hoovering etc) but once I'm home my days are always different so I could be sat on the sofa the entire rest of the day or I could be out walking around with a friend so my activity after work is always different. I was just wondering what activity level you would suggest I pick? I've selected lightly active just for now but I don't know if that's me being too soft or too hard on myself. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many steps you average per day?, there's a list somewhere that equates activity levels to steps.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Judge your losses over the next month (excluding the initial water weight loss). If you end up losing more than expected, then move your activity level up.
  • littleeliza2017
    littleeliza2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do, I usually get around 8,000 - 10,000 steps a day but it does change day to day depending on how busy I am at work, if I walk there & back etc. That list sounds very helpful, I don't suppose you know how I could find it, do you @pamfgil ? :smile: | I'll try that as well, thank you @malibu927 :smiley:
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That sounds like active to me, maybe even very active if you're getting in 10,000 steps most days.
  • littleeliza2017
    littleeliza2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much @grayrider61! :)
  • ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds like active to me! If you track your steps then you could have lightly active and log the walking instead.

For example I use the option sedentary lifestyle and log then the km from my walking and workouts. In the end it suggests the same calories I should eat if I was lightly active. I don't usually log cleaning or cooking as well since I don't want to keep track of how long it takes me :smiley:
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If I were you-- I'd do weight training and don't worry about cardio.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and sit on my butt for 8 hours. I sleep 8 hours, and sit in a car for 30 min to work and 30 min back. I get 10K steps or more, most days, and I work out at the gym 2 to 4 nights a week. I set mine to sedentary as most of my 24 hours in a day is spent sitting down or asleep.