Eyebrow Threading & what we endure to look good

Options
JennyJH
JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
Had my eyebrows threaded today. I've never been the girliest girl but thought I deserved a treat so for the first time ever I had my eyebrows 'threaded' for my holiday. For those who don't know, in threading your eyebrows are shaped by having the excess hair ripped out using a cotton thread.

OMG.

It was so painful!!!! I actually cried!!! And, although my eyebrows weren't exactly bushy, I feel naked somehow.

But, it looks fantastic :happy: I will definately have it done again.

So, is there a more painful 'beauty treatment'? What will you go through to look good?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It hurt?! Your threader must not have been doing it well because it shouldn't hurt at all!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Waxing...anywhere...

Need I say more?!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Oh yes the threading is very painful had it done once, I use to think the wax was painful till I got that done needless today I'm back on the wax! LOL
  • Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had it done one time when I was pregnant...OUCHIE!! I cried too...I'd rather wax..it's quicker...
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the threading also. I have my eyebrows and upper lip done and it is not a walk in the park:sad: lol but it sure beats having a unibrow and a 5 0' clock shadow:bigsmile:
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I just went and got a Brazilian yesterday. Every week I go get a spray tan and it smells like hell and because mt husband loves tan lines I even wear an old bikini...do you know how hard it is to keep the straps from the ties in places that don't leave funky marks?

But I feel more confident in my bikini and my husband seems to love it!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try that! I wax my own eyebrows, tho...I invested in a good waxer years ago.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have had it done twice, and cried both times. Too painful for me, and I don't really care that much about my eyebrows.
  • JennyJH
    Options
    :laugh: Yep it hurt - not sure there is a pain free way to rip out excess eyebrow hair!!

I'd forgotten waxing:noway:
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! crying is part of what we have to do to look good, but i think i have you beat hun, have you ever had your hair in micro braids?

it can take anywhere from 4-8 hour to braid your hair into tiny plats and that also depends on how long you want it, that will also bring tears to your eyes and no sleep for two weeks until it loosens up then you can lay on it.

all in all its worth it bec once the pain stops i look amazing.:/
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    If any of you ladies are experiencing pain from threading then you need to get yourself a new threader. It should not be painful!

Or you are just giant complainers lol.

I have a lovely East Indian lady I used to go to and it was fabulous. But then I moved away :(
    No threading in the Yukon. I hate waxing!!! And they always take off WAY too much. I don't like little pinner eyebrows! Argh!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    For my last b-day I decided to get "pampered". I went ahead and cashed in on the spa day my hub gave me for Christmas. One of the things was a Micro-Dermabrasion Treatment or something. O.M.G. As I squirmed in pain the chick kept scrubbing my face away. It hurt!!!! I was just praying it'd be over soon.
    I left and my face was raw-red. It lasted for about 4 days. I had hickey type of marks on my face from her squeezing my beloved blackheads. Never again. Ever.

Oh and about 4 years ago I had this pesky little vein (that only I could see) on my inner thigh. I looked at insurance and it was covered as long as I said it was medical, not cosmetic. Turns out it was a varicose vein and since I complained it'd be covered. It was laser treatment and supposedly it was not painful. I went in for procedure... he literally stabbed the top of my thigh 17 times (I had the painful dots to count).. to numb me. I felt every single f'ing prick! Once I was really numb he then inserted something into the bottom of my leg that I could feel go up in through my vein and it smelled like burning! I about passed out.
    I walked out of there like a moron crying not believing what I had just done. I would had just kept my damn vein! To top it off I had to wear these super tight stockings for 2 weeks. Every morning it took 10 minutes to put them on. I had to lie down on the bed and fight them. I couldn't walk for about 3-4 four days. I was covered in huge bandages from thigh to ankle.

My husband would just shake his head at me while I limped around.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I find it much less painful than waxing. I only had one time that it hurt- it seemed like the girl was pulling the thread very slowly compared to how fast the other girls work it.

eta: I also go to an Indian Salon
  • JennyJH
    Options
    Mine was a little Nepalise lady. Other ladies didn't seem to be in pain so maybe I have a low pain thresh-hold:blushing:

But the end result was so good I don't think I'd use anybody else - what if it hurts just as much and looks pants?

Micro-Dermabrasion - I wanted that!!!! Now, not so much:laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i think the most obvious one is losing weight. o___o men can be fat and noone cares.

Also, breast implants/nose jobs/botox/face lifts/fat injections etc...I mean, women will willingly have their bodies sliced open and stabbed in order to look good. On my part, I was thinking of getting a gum graft o___o
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    i think the most obvious one is losing weight. o___o men can be fat and noone cares.

Also, breast implants/nose jobs/botox/face lifts/fat injections etc...I mean, women will willingly have their bodies sliced open and stabbed in order to look good. On my part, I was thinking of getting a gum graft o___o

You ticker just creeps me out!!! I used to be terrified on those darn needles when I was a kid. We had an outhouse (no indoor plumbing) and they would hang out on the side of the bathroom door. :tongue: SHUDDER
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been getting my brows Threaded for years now. everyone seems to do it in new york. There's so many different cultures there, and the eastern Indians are the ones that do it. (the best) I tried for years hunting someone down that does it here in Fl, I finally found a salon that does it. but it costs more than double from what I pay in NY!!!! I really like it because I don't get red like I do with the wax. You gotta try it atleast once:)))
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I tired threading once... It didn't hurt too bad, but the chick actually took out a couple chunks of skin too... I guess my hair is too fair and my skin too soft :laugh: :laugh: You can't see my blonde eyebrows anyway so I just draw them in with brow powder :laugh: