ANYONE from Toronto ?!

Options
rahimlj
rahimlj Posts: 239 Member
Hey anyone else trying to lose weight in toronto or also weight training.

Replies

• sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I live in Toronto. I dont do weight training though but I am trying to find a saturday walking partner(s). I put in my mind to walk the different walking trails in the city.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    sgyvinh8j46e.jpg

Yup. Don't weight train either. What trails do you frequent @sand86802
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Me
  • sand86802
    Options
    @synchkat I just started last week tbh. I onky walked a small part of the Don Trail between Don Mills and Overlea and Beechwood Drive (Pape and O'Connor area). It gave me the idea the keeping at it every week for a couple hours or so each week and do the whole Don Trail to the lake and then the waterfront trail all the way to Mimico... After that, who knows? I just thought that was a fun goal.
  • sand86802
    Options
    I once walked all the way from Kennedy and Huntingwood to Bloor and Yonge... Id like to get back to long distance like that eventually.
  • synchkat
    Options
    There are nice trails in the Rouge Vally Conservation Area which is kind of near the zoo. Actually if you take Meadowvale past the zoo there are some trail heads there that are really nice.
  • sand86802
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There is a list of them on the toronto.ca website. I am going to download the list and hopefully get through all of them. Anyone wanna join?
  • rahimlj
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    I live in Toronto. I dont do weight training though but I am trying to find a saturday walking partner(s). I put in my mind to walk the different walking trails in the city.

Ohh true - Well thats good. Hopefully when the weather is better i might think about going on some trials aswell.
  • rahimlj
    Options
    - @sand86802 - @synchkat Hey sand.. You walked all the way to bloor and yonge haha that is quite a far distance. Thats good !

Ive been near the zoo but l didnt know there is a trail around that area. The zoo is probably less then an hour away. How long are some of the trails there ? .. How long have you guys been on your journey ? ..
  • synchkat
    Options
    Where are you in Toronto that the zoo is an hour away?

This is a link to the trails http://www.rvcc.ca/Rouge_Park_Hiking_Trails.html
    they are all different lengths and challenges....most are fairly easy I'd say. We've also been out to Milton to some trails and even one near Hamilton to see some water falls
  • rahimlj
    Options
    Scarborough. lve been to the zoo like years ago. Oh tnx i just checked it out. Thats cool. didnt know there were trails around there.
    Oh thats cool. Have you been to the bluffs ? l once walked all the way down and all the way up. that hill is ridiculous haha.
  • synchkat
    Options
    The zoo is at the end of Scarborough so all these trails and such are right for you. I was going to suggest the Bluffs it's nice there too...There's also some trail that can get you from like the 401 I think all the way down to the lake.
  • rahimlj
    Options
    true. Hmm well i havent really been on trails there. It was just the road we walked down on all the way to the beach from the hill. l guess ill check some of the trails near the bluffs out online and see the maps.
    So what is your goal ?
  • sand86802
    Options
    rahimlj wrote: »
    - @sand86802 - @synchkat Hey sand.. You walked all the way to bloor and yonge haha that is quite a far distance. Thats good !

Ive been near the zoo but l didnt know there is a trail around that area. The zoo is probably less then an hour away. How long are some of the trails there ? .. How long have you guys been on your journey ? ..

Yeah that was a few years back. Just got a crazy idea and went for it... It took me slightly over 4 hours and about 48h to be able to feel my legs again LOL

I have been overweight and then obese all of my adult life and tryig to loose on and off but this time I want to make it stick. I have started MFP almost 3 months ago and have lost 36 lbs so far (I had a very fast start). I started at 318 and my goal would be to attain a healthy BMI so that would be around 145... I will consider myself happy if I reach onederland (havent seen those number since I was 15 or so).

Anyway feel free to add me as friends and message me if you want to participate in my crazy project.

How about you guys?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Toronto here!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ryerson.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I'm from Ryerson.

You live at a university? Weird
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @synchkat wrote: »
    I'm from Ryerson.

No, I live in the attic at the nearby Walmart.
  • synchkat
    Options
    @synchkat wrote: »
    I'm from Ryerson.

No, I live in the attic at the nearby Walmart.

Oddly there's none near there
    This isn't Texas you know
  • rahimlj
    Options

Yeah that was a few years back. Just got a crazy idea and went for it... It took me slightly over 4 hours and about 48h to be able to feel my legs again LOL

I have been overweight and then obese all of my adult life and tryig to loose on and off but this time I want to make it stick. I have started MFP almost 3 months ago and have lost 36 lbs so far (I had a very fast start). I started at 318 and my goal would be to attain a healthy BMI so that would be around 145... I will consider myself happy if I reach onederland (havent seen those number since I was 15 or so).

Anyway feel free to add me as friends and message me if you want to participate in my crazy project.

How about you guys?[/quote]

Haha damn that is a long time. kudos to you lol. I dont think i would have been able to do that. hahahaha.

Well thats good. You lost so much. man lf i was able to lose 30 pounds by the summer i would be happy. thats three months. l had pizza today after the business seminar there was networking session and i tried so hard not and then just got pizza. LOL.
    Well hopefully you will be able to reach that goal soon. How long do you think you might take a year or more maybe 2.

l actually added you earlier on in the day i think. i think i added @synchkat aswell.