Gluten and dairy free breakfast and lunch?

Options
Any ideas on what I can eat gluten and dairy free for breakfast and lunch? Right now it's dry honey nut cheerios for breakfast and a salad with meat for lunch. Getting bored...

Replies

• ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Rice, oats, variety of meats, soya and vegan milks, vegan yogurts, eggs etc. :)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You can make overnight oats using GF old fashioned oats, almond or coconut milk, coconut yogurt (I like the So Delicious Unsweetened vanilla), cinnamon, and some berries. Smoothies are also good and can easily be modified for any diet. Just use a base recipe of 1 cup baby greens, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 cup liquid, cinnamon, and whatever other supplements you want (flax seed, protein powder, etc...)

For lunch make lettuce wraps or meat & cheese rollups, the eggs & veggies baked in muffin tins, I just bought one of those Nourish Bowls that I think is gluten and dairy free and they have a variety of flavors, leftovers are also great for lunch. You can make up a big batch of Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice which heats up REALLY well.
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I forgot about oats I love them! Thanks for the ideas!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I make a ton of soups, stews, chilis, curries, stuffed peppers, etc to freeze in portions and grab and go.
  • lilchefmelissa
    lilchefmelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For lunch I like quinoa with diced cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley in it. Its also a source of protein. It's basicly a simple taboulah.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually leftovers from dinner. For Breakfast I would put a nice runny egg on my oatmeal. Also there are tons of smoothies that use coconut or almond milk.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How about a 2-egg omelet, made in a non-stick pan with just half a teaspoon of oil? You can saute a few bits of fresh bell pepper and/or sweet onion before adding the eggs. You don't have to use milk or anything to make the omelet -- just beaten eggs. And then a bit of salsa or hots sauce. This is my favorite breakfast - very sustaining.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I do lots of oats, eggs, and fruit
  • Findingmyhappyme
    Findingmyhappyme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As my treat breakfast when I have the time I like to make two-ingredient pancakes! Just mash one banana and mix in two beaten eggs - that's your batter! Cook like a normal pancake and add whatever toppings you like - i like having peanut butter or mixed berries :)
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I eat breakfast, it's an egg and slice of bacon. My lunch is always left-over dinner.

Regarding oats: make sure they're certified gluten-free if you must avoid it. Often, they're made / processed in a plant where there are other gluten-containing foods, so there is likely cross-contamination.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    When I eat breakfast, it's an egg and slice of bacon. My lunch is always left-over dinner.

Regarding oats: make sure they're certified gluten-free if you must avoid it. Often, they're made / processed in a plant where there are other gluten-containing foods, so there is likely cross-contamination.

You beat me to it. The members of my food coop who need to avoid gluten buy the certified gluten-free oats.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    minstine wrote: »
    Any ideas on what I can eat gluten and dairy free for breakfast and lunch? Right now it's dry honey nut cheerios for breakfast and a salad with meat for lunch. Getting bored...

1,164 dairy and gluten-free recipes: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/search/ ?f[0]=field_special_diet:138&f[1]=field_special_diet:139
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Now I gotta go to the store!