Looking for friends to motivate me!

Options
Need help staying on track, I always fall off the wagon when I don't see immediate results. 50 pounds to lose, and I'm confident this is my year. Anyone ever tried keto in conjunction with working out? Carbs are my biggest issue

Replies

• padilla7733
    padilla7733 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am part of Advocare and have lost 56 pounds since November 2. If interested let me know.
  • gagik91201
    gagik91201 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on every diet one can imagine and always have trouble sticking to it long term. This changed on Jan. 8th when I started a low carb (ketogenic) diet. Since that time I have lost 30 pounds and still going strong. The first week was very difficult since I am a carb junky and my mind and body demanded carbs but after that I lost all uncontrollable cravings for them, especially sugar. Also I still count my calories because they still matter and workout 4 times a week for about 45 minutes. During this time I have also had days where I have fallen off the wagon but unlike before I didn't quite and instead started fresh the next day.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wahey. Stay on that wagon. Don't fall off. Summer is coming. Good incentive right there! Keep strong. Focused.
  • lucasbrobst
    lucasbrobst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If i were you i wouldnt do keto, it literally changes what your body finds energy from and is a really hard lifestyle to maintain. If you just do cardio and follow a low caloric diet you WILL get the results you want.
  • Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use protein bars and an otherwise healthy diet in addition to 30 minutes of cardio per day. Seems to be working so far and keeps my carbs relatively low. If you need motivation, feel free to add me as a friend.