THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Options
dewpetals
dewpetals Posts: 68 Member
I have always struggled with my weight. I'm a grazer with a nasty sweet tooth and I don't want to pass those traits onto my children. Now that I'm 40 and the scales say that I'm morbidly obese I've got to make some changes. I want to have the energy to keep up with my 5 and 2 yr old kids. I want to live to see my great grandchildren:smile:

I've tried writing down what I eat, keeping up with points, and even having my food shipped to me in these great little Styrofoam boxes. But nothing ever lasted. I want a permanent solution. And I have a feeling this might be it.

MFP is a lot like facebook (its WAY better than fb) and I'm a fb addict. Sharing and gleaning ideas from friends is something I love to do. Tomorrow will be a week and I've dropped 2 pounds. I'm excited to see what the next week will bring.

Best of luck to everyone!

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Congrats on those two pounds. Way to go.
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm a facebook addict too! I totally understand!
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your recent weight loss.. I know you will like it here.
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have three boys and I hear bout having energy for them. I am REALLY enjoying MFP and I also LOVE facebook!

Best of luck!!

9362146.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Good job. Great goals for yourself and your little ones future. You are SO worth it!!!! Pray you have continued success. Get the help you need here - accountability is helpful. Have a wonderful weekend.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    awh I to love being here this is my first week being on this site. So far I have had nothing but positive things to say about this! Good Luck and hope we can help each other
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Welcome...your success has been waiting for you!
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    I've been here about a week and one of the MAIN reasons I love this site is because it is so much like my beloved FB!!!! Plus, I can get on it at work and it's not a blocked site like FB is :o)

Congrats on the 2 lbs and keep up the great work!
  • hannamaye
    hannamaye Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats on the 2 lb loss. I went out looking at new clothes. Didn't buy any, just looking at what will come. LOL :bigsmile:
  • dewpetals
    Options
    WOW! Thanks ya'll! I am looking for some friends on here so if you want friend me!
  • dewpetals
    Options
    Welcome...your success has been waiting for you!

I love that!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I've been here about a week and one of the MAIN reasons I love this site is because it is so much like my beloved FB!!!! Plus, I can get on it at work and it's not a blocked site like FB is :o)

My FB is blocked too at work :( but not MFP! Yay
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Great job! 2 lbs is a great achievement!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good job! and good luck in continuing your journey.

'
    Oh and this site is so much like FB I find myself getting the urge to "like" things people have posted :laugh: