Once you lose the weight....

Options
The why is as important in this journey as the work itself. So what are you looking forward to once you lose the weight?
For me, I want to;
1. Be able to look down and actually see my lady parts.
2. Be able to buy clothes and cute bra and panty sets and look good in all of it.
3. Feel better about myself and enjoy my family more.
4. Have people wonder what a girl like me is doing with a guy like him, instead of the other way around. I would like people to know I had a choice in my relationship too instead of just accepting who I could get because I was so big.

What about you guys?

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I want to run 3 miles a day. I want to be that person that does mud runs and obstacle courses and 5k's on a regular basis. A teeeny-tiny girl at the gym today deadlifted over 300 pounds... I want that! All those other things you mentioned are great, too :)
  • TammysFinallyDoingIt
    TammysFinallyDoingIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to shop for clothes and not have to ever set foot in a plus size store again. I want to do lots of cool, fun activities with my family like hiking trails and canoeing. I want to see what this body is really capable of. I want to know success! I want to be the best wife and Mommy I can be...and stick around a while.
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.
    I want to try something on and buy it because I love it and it looks cute, not because it's what fits.
    I want to wear knee high boots in the fall.
    I want to have physical endurance and to be able to run without injury!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Some of the things have happened or are happening as I lose. I have gotten off or lowered doses of medications. I can walk up and down stairs without huffing and puffing. I have a better selection of clothes when I shop. Enjoy each step as it happens.
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to show off my tattoos!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I want my stomach to stick out less than my boobs!

I want the bobbly bits on my thighs to smooth out so I can wear a swimsuit with pride.

I want to be able to bound along for a 5k three times a week, love it, and think nothing of it.

I want to not get out of breath going up and down all the stairs at work.

I want to be able to order any dress I like and have it slip on perfectly, with no lumps and bumps.

I want to be able to be, and look good, in a photo without turning myself to just the right angle.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    The why is as important in this journey as the work itself. So what are you looking forward to once you lose the weight?
    For me, I want to;
    1. Be able to look down and actually see my lady parts.
    Hah I told my OH this was a goal of mine t'other day and she looked at me weirdly!
    Can see new parts of thigh when looking down now so nearly there!

I would like to get larger tattoo (most of mine are a couple of inches tops) on my shoulder and be able to show it off along with the muscle hehe - without worrying about it stretvhing or looking weird if I lose/put on weight

I'd love to be able to look like I have always wanted to look in clothes. Cool and relaxed (until I fall over something, cos yunno, I'll still be me!) rather than overheated, red faced in what is essentially a tent!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be able to look like I have always wanted to look in clothes. Cool and relaxed (until I fall over something, cos yunno, I'll still be me!) rather than overheated, red faced in what is essentially a tent![/quote]

Same deal! I'll still be awkward, but at least I'll be hot while tripping over my feet!
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I want to be happy and healthy, I have anxiety which has alot to do with my weight, I'm 30 and for a very very long time I have had no social life my only sort of social life was online via gaming which is no way to live, so losing weight for me will open many doors as not only am I missing out on so much my family are too.