Stay AWAY from the candy jar....why am I being tempted!?

Options
HI everyone!!

So..wouldn't you know...after an amazing week of eating healthy, and not even wanting to THINK about dashing towards the candy jar....here I sit...with only 30 minutes left of my workday....and all of a sudden I have an urge to make a mad dash to the candy jars sitting on the reception desk out front.. WHAT THE HECK!

I keep telling myself..NO NO NO...see if I have ONE little candy....it turns into a BINGE night..:( So i need to stay away...
I just can't understand why all of a suddent the dish of tootsie rolls and mini chocolate bars look SO tempting!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Replies

• MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Girl, we have the same problem.
    Having a sweet tooth is killer.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If you know it'll lead to a binge - then don't do it.

Find SOMETHING to consume your mind for the last 30 mins of your day. You've gone ALL week without caving into the temptation - don't throw it away now - not with 30 mins left to go. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Probably because you told yourself you can't have it. It is amazing that whenever we say you "can't" have it then that is all your brain can think about. I appreciate your concern that if you have one - you'll eat the night away. Go drink some water and repeat to yourself - it isn't worth it to me - I can make it - I am worth it. And hopefully the 30 minutes will go by quickly :)
    Good job perservering through a temptation. Go willpower :) !!!!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Get to the root of your craving. Is it sugar you want? Eat a piece of fruit. It is chocolate? Buy one single piece of chocolate somewhere and eat it. In the future, keep something like it at your desk so you can eat that instead of scarfing down candy. I keep fruit, veggies, and greek yogurt at my desk to calm my cravings.
  • clairibou1
    clairibou1 Posts: 124
    Options
    ugh this always seems to happen to me. sometimes i bring dried fruit like apricots and raisins to snack on- very sweet, but even a lot shouldn't mess you up horribly.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Forget the chocolate bar! On your way home stop and get yourself some Jello Mouse Temptations Chocolate Indulgence flavour.

They are only 60 calories a cup and TO DIE FOR!! :) Mmmmmm. I put it on strawberries.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I feel like if I go once, then it's all over. Resisting the first taste is crucial!
  • Taralynngranius
    Options
    you can do it Shelby!! stay away!!!!!!!!!!! STAY very far away.. haha..
    have a piece of gum.. and a huge glass of water.. that may do it??
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    go walk to the break room/water cooler/ whatever/ and binge drink some cold water! Whatever helps! I hate those days, good luck chica :(
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Shelby!!

10 more minutes - you can do this!!!

Just think of the freedom you will feel as you exit the building and NOT have given in - you may even do your own happy dance of integrity and pride on the way to your car. Everyone will grin and think you just won the lottery!

And you will have - your own personal victory! :bigsmile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    smiles..I too have a sweet tooth!!

this is less about you actually *wanting* candy, but in pursuit of a healthier lifestyle we condition our minds that certain things we crave and love that are also not good for us, and as a result we seek to eliminate them from our eating habits....so it's probably a psychological reaction saying you need what you have told yourself that you can't have it.

im afraid I'm one of those who eats candy when i feel tormented by it...limitation dosnt seem to matter much!!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    OMG YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!! I am instead chewing on a piece of gum...which did the trick....I am out of here in a few minutes and I WILL do a happy dance on the way to my car!!! :)

thank you all..:)
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Be strong, Shelby! You are right...just one won't satisfy you because it starts the sugar cravings even more!. You are probably tempted because it is the end of the week, you are probably tired and your blood sugar might be low. If you have access to a piece of fruit, you could maybe deal with your sugar cravings that way. Also some cold ice tea satisfies my sweet cravings (ginger green tea with stevia) or fresh blueberries. Yum!

You are going to be so proud of yourself when you walk out of there without having the tootsie rolls (did I mention that I heard a rumor they found litty bitty worms in them somewhere in the country (can't remember where......)