30 day challenge

Options
readytobeatfat54
readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
Anyone ever hear of the 30 day challenge?

There is a great TED talk on the subject.

Basically you try something that you have always said, "I should do that" or "I should try that" and you do it for thirty days. Overall, you do it to try and make yourself a better person. The 30 day challenge may not stick after 30 days, but maybe that particular life change isn't for you?

So I am starting easy: walking my dog on a nice long walk each night. I live near a dog park, so it is easy to take a shorter walk to the park and let him run around, but he loves long walks so now I have started taking these walks in the evenings.

I'll grow my list with time.

Anyone else with me on the 30 day challenge?

Replies

• MekaRenee
    MekaRenee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Meka and I'm interested. How do u want this to work. Do we begin on the 1st of each month?
  • elena0oprescu
    elena0oprescu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hiii. I'm in toooo! I'm Elena, and I have a 3 month old baby girl who needs walking everyday in order to sleep.
  • readytobeatfat54
    Options
    Let's begin tomorrow. We can call it the end of month challenge. :p

My goal is that it becomes part of my routine, and it no longer needs to be a challenge. However, until then, it is an end of month challenge! I haven't measured how long the walk is, but I think going from no long walk to long walk is good progress for the first month.
  • elena0oprescu
    elena0oprescu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Deal. My walk has to be at least 1 hour though, because....baby nap. I'm looking to stretch it for more than 1 hour.
  • readytobeatfat54
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I had one day where I did not walk. It was pouring rain and while I could have gotten an umbrella, that wouldn't have worked so well for the dog. It's an excuse, but so far just one day missed.