Blubbering mess after first HIITS

Options
Lost over 60 pounds so fat and doing abut 2000K a day working out--often at YMCA for three hours/day-- swimming, treadmill, weights with trainer, classes--working for every darn pound! So trainer (who is awesome), puts me through my first HIITS--which I managed to do on the verge of nausea.

When I got out to my car--I LOST it--I'm by myself--thank heavens--- but I couldn't even STOP the blubbering--then I was mad at myself and saying to myself how ridiculous this crying is--but could not stop for about 20 minutes! Last time I cried for 20 years ago except at funerals--some good reason. Hey WELL last bad relationships by years--not much stress. What the heck??? I read and see it is very common---and it is NOT hormones.
Sometimes after a code in the ER, some of the staff just lose it--even when it is not a "bad " code--like children etc. I think it is the drop in adrenaline---has this happened to you??

Replies

• JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I started doing HIITs on the elliptical by easing into them. At first I did one or two sprints during my workout till I got stronger. It only took about 2 weeks to get to the set I wanted to do--eight 30 sec sprints in 20 minutes. I probably would have puked if I had done all 8 from the outstart. This doesn't really answer your emotional outburst question--but maybe it was just too much for your body to handle.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    HIIT training is brutal. The running joke with sled & prowler work is 12 sets of 40 yards or until you vomit, whichever comes first. My guess is the crying was a stress relief value.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Oh poor you :( I remember sobbing when I got a numbing injection in my gum (hahah) when I was small - I was not expecting it and the stress/shock just pummelled me. I was gasping and wailing in the waiting room whilst the anaesthesia was taking hold.

I reckon it's a stress release thing. Bless you!!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Well another session today hopefully it won;t happen!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion and release. I've been known to start crying around mild 9 or 10 of a tough half marathon.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Cry your heart out at least you did it. Congrats
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I did fine today!!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I love your cat. :)