The QUEEN of excuses!

Options
I am the Queen, the QUEEN, of making up excuses. I started out mfp about 50 days ago, going strong, kicking butt, working out religiously. Only to fall on my *kitten* about 40 days later. Excuse #1: I was super stressed out with a recent family situation which in all actuality, wasnt even my business, and the girl who involved me, isnt even technically my cousin yet. Excuse #2: I was in pain, I was told by my doctor that I have tendonitis and need to tone it down a bit. I will always have it and that was some horrible news after my 8 lbs loss. Excuse #3: They were training me for a completely different job at work that I havent performed before and I was really stressing out.

I didnt completely keep track of what I ate, however when I had cravings for soda, I at least stuck with some Pepsi max. I figured it was better than a regular pepsi, so I went with it. My husband was more disappointed in me then I had realized... that I gave up so easily. I didnt even realize that he was so proud of my drive when I started and my 8 lbs loss. He didnt really want to comment and make me feel like he wanted me to be some skinny model, hes not very good articulating what he means sometimes, so he chooses not to say whats on his mind at times.

But, I have logged today, and I have chosen to take back control instead of making up excuses all over again. Not even TOM stopped me today, and oh man, I wish it would have, because cramps suck!!! (whos with me girls?) Logging, 60 minute workout, and getting back on the workout wagon. It feels good to be back.

Replies

• kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I feel the same as you! Reading your post just kinda gave me a kick in the behind! Thanks!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    WELCOME BACK!

Don't ever hold yourself back from your goals! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    I'm with you, we can do this!!
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    Thats guys! I wrote this to take accountability for my actions, and I hope I can help a few that may be in a similar funk.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! :flowerforyou:

I feel like you just gave me my second wind. :smooched:
  • babycakes311
    babycakes311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Its never to late!! Not giving up is key. We all start over again and I'm glad your back. I'm the Queen of Excuses too hopefully we can motivate each other on this journey. Feel free to add me if you are looking for some support. I know I am. We will no longer be the Queens of Excuses but the Queens of looking good & feeling better!
  • Asiral
    Options
    I sent a friend request, Thanks!!! I welcome all and any new friends.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I use to be the same way, I was so stressed out I would make up excuses not to workout. This year I decided I would change that mind set and I work out to relieve that stress. Not only is it good for you body but it is good for your mind. It helps you forget about all that stress for awhile and usually you will feel less stressed afterwards. It will take awhile to get into the habit but once you do it will feel so good. Good luck, you can do this!
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!
  • Asiral
    Options
    Thanks! glad to be back for sure!