20lbs down, but still trying to lose the gut!!!!

Options
I went from 150 to 130...20lbs sounds like a lot, but i don't really see it. Well, I do fit into smaller clothes so I know there's change, but not as much as I hoped. I'm still trying to go down another 10-15 lbs, but what else should I be doing to get a flatter tummy? I usually run about 20 minutes or very brisk walk for an hour, 30 day shred video, and eat pretty healthy (high protein/fiber low carb/fat)

Replies

• suebounds
    suebounds Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe switch to an ab workout a couple days a week or do exercises that focus on the midsection. Sit-ups, crunches, leg lifts, etc!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Since you do the 30 day shred you may want to add Jillian's 6 week / 6 Pack workout:bigsmile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    There's no spot reducing and crunches could bulk up the mid section. The only way to reduce belly fat is to reduce fat all over through a deficit of calories. Abs are made in the kitchen, they say, because diet is the most important way to lose fat.
    That said, you might like to read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner
    You are doing the right things, I think, it just takes time when you get close to goal because the difference between maintaining and losing is small and it's we're all pretty bad at knowing exactly how many calories we are consuming.
    My tummy is my trouble zone too!
  • vintagefool
    Options
    Since you do the 30 day shred you may want to add Jillian's 6 week / 6 Pack workout:bigsmile:

Yeah! I've definitely seen noticeably results in the tummy area from 30DS so far, so I can only imagine how efficient 6 week 6 pack might be :drinker:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Mine is a trouble zone too!!! Wish I had a magic eraser for you and me, but no such luck. The more cardio the better- you have to burn the fat. I am doing basically the same things as you and its working- SLOWLY.
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    ab workouts will not work you already have abs to see them you need to have a body fat of less than 15%
    Having said that working your core and obliques some crunches 3 lots of 20 reps per day will help.
    It just takes longer for your body to loose faf from some areas than others.

Keep going your doing realy well
    go to http://www.youtube.com/user/BodyPerformanceTV he may explain better :happy: :happy:
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    wow, you have already done amazing, keep up the good work.
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Couple of principles:

1) The more muscle you gain the more fat you will lose
    2) You lose fat first where you gained it last and last where you gained it first
    a- so if you gained your belly fat first, it will take a while for your body to go after it. Even while you are maintain your weight, still
    work out every day and over time your body will take care of the fat on your tummy.