I keep falling off

Options
It doesn't matter the inspiration and motivational thoughts and quotes, pictures and stories I read and hear. I keep going back to the fridge.
I can do really well for a few days, or a few weeks, but I have never made it into a lifestyle.
Thoughts?

Replies

• mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Often people overeat because they set themselves a too low calorie goal which is so difficult to adhere to, they end up so hungry they have to eat, and end up eating way more than they intended. So my first question would be what is your daily calorie goal, and what is your planned daily deficit (i.e. how fast are you set to lose?).
    I'm a big proponent of losing weight slowly but steadily, I'm in maintenance now but I spent most of last year losing just 0.5lbs per week, i.e. with a daily deficit of about 250 calories.
  • RosieMoo1
    RosieMoo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I struggle too... Been away this week, and put on half a stone... I need to get back on track today
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Ok relax. Make on small habit change learn to make it stick then switch another habit.
    1. So log Everything you eat before you eat it.
    2. Then in a few weeks when 1 is habit add say replacing calorie containing beverages with 0 cal ones. Slow and steady wins the race
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for inspiration and motivation, stop the doing well - motivation fades, and we can do well for months, but that is not important, what we can do forever is important. Find something that 1) will make you reach your goal 2) you can and will do, and make that into a lifestyle. Eat for pleasure, and to fuel your body, not to ease emotions and pass time.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I look at logging sort of like a checkbook. I don't like balancing it everyday. But it has to be done, as a responsible adult. That mindset helps me.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Make it your goal to stick to the process, plans and strategies to build good habits beat motivation and willpower every time. Start with logging, doesn't matter what you eat, write it down every time, it's not embarrassing or evidence of failure, it's data you can use. Once you've done that for a month, add in exercise if you're not already doing so, it could be as simple as walking for ten minutes but do it daily