How much water are you drinking?

Options
I'm drinking about a gallon a day. Do y'all think water intake has any meaningful impact on weight loss?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    nope. if i pee light/clear im cool. if not ill drink water.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    My dietitian tells me that if you don't get enough water, you might get sugar cravings.
    It took months of work to increase my intake, but now I enjoy it.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I drink between 3 - 5 litres a day depending on temperature and activity. If I don't, I get quite sick as a result of a drug I take (lithium). This same drug can affect the way urine is concentrated by the kidneys, meaning judging hydration by the urine colour is misleading.

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Oh, and yes I believe it has a meaningful impact. The liver can do it's job better when you're hydrated.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Roughly 3 litres. More if I'm cycling lots.

If I'm dehydrated, I'm more tired and my feet cramp which kind of puts a damper on exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    2-3L of plain water in summer. In winter i struggle finishing a 1.5L bottle. I also drink 5-6 cups of tea and coffee everyday.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Water makes me feel fuller which makes me eat less so by eating less I lose weight.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    4-4.5L a day.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Aim for 72oz. In winter I allowed tea in the total.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    8 to 10 Glasses.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    At least 8 cups, unless I'm exercising or it's really hot. Then it's a lot more. I get the "minimum" and after that I just go by thirst.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think it helps. With a gallon you are good. Just don't drink a lot all at once
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I try and drink 128oz per day. I have those 32oz plastic bottles. I keep two full at work and one at home.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Not nearly that much; usually a litre of water or tea plus what I get in food, unless it's really hot so I drink more. I'm still alive and my urine is normal coloured.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    5-6 litres plain, about 2 litres of tea and a coffee.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I drink liquids until I am no longer thirsty. It usually comes out to about 2 gallons per day. I think I spend more time peeing than sitting now.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    As lizery says, she's on lithium, which you are also, so your water needs are different to the general population. I'd ask your doctor what you need to be aiming for.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3/4 to a whole gallon or more. I drink based on how I feel. I don't believe in forcing yourself to choke down water.

But, you still need it so if you're barely drinking any then maybe you need to start.

I think it helps in the sense you'll feel less sluggish so you're more likely to workout and push yourself
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    No it will not affect fat loss. Drink until you are hydrated.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough. I might be able to force myself to drink 1.5 litres a day, but usually not. Coffee however, lots!