protein bars

Options
13»

Replies

• misciej
    misciej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like the Premier Protein, Pure Protein and Think Thin bars. So far, I haven't found any that i don't toss.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Clif bars. The kind you're looking for should be in the neighborhood of 20g protein.

I eat the Aldi alternative, Elevation bars (see what they did there?). Their Chocolate Mint flavor is 260 cal, 20g protein and tastes exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Cacao Mint Bounce Protein Bombs. I buy them in bulk off Amazon for between £15-18 for 12 which isn't too bad, as they are about E2.50 in the shops here. Also like Myprotein Cookies & Cream Wafers and Myprotein Muffin Mix to make my own muffins.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I love the Kirkland protein bars,. Also a reformed Quester. For 3$ they can keep them, the Kirkland knockoffs are 11/10
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling fancy and want a treat I'll have some Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites or a Combat Crunch Birthdsy Cake
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love Balance Bars (Chocolate Mint Crunch) Zone Bars and Luna Bars, they have more sugar compared to Quest bars and Pure Protein Bars but to me they taste more like a treat and are less expensive.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I only buy these occasionally as I am 'too tight' (i.e don't like to spend the money on them!)

In for brands/flavours and if anyone can tell me in the UK where to get my hands on the best value ones please :smiley:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah ONE bars are the tastiest. PowerBar Clean Whey are the heftiest (whey protein better than soy by a long shot) that won't break one's bank.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I had heard such great things about Quest bars that I went out and bought a couple to try. They were thrown out after two bites. The fake sugar aftertaste is horrid in my opinion, I really don't know how so many people love them so much.
    I don't do fake sugars, though, so maybe if you're used to them?

The bars I do like are Clif peanut butter chocolate chip (10-ish g protein), and Clif Builder peanut butter chocolate chip (20 g protein). I also love, love, love Peanut butter chocolate chip ( so you sense a theme?) Lara bars, but they only have 6 or 7 g of protein. They often serve as my "candy bar".

Agreed. I had the same experience with Quest bars. I find sucralose, and most artificial sugars, to be very nasty.

I like regular Clif bars, but not the ones with the extra protein. I think it's the Soy Protein Isolate. I find bars made with this edible, but not enjoyable.

My supermarket carries Think Thin protein bars with higher and lower protein counts and I prefer the lower, probably again due to the soy protein.

I've been testing a protein bar every time I go to the supermarket after the gym or a hike. I like Rx Peanut but not Maple Almond. I like all the versions of Aloha I've tried.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Why not make some? They are quick and easy - and a little cheaper.

Stir together Protein Bar
    • 1/2 Cup Milk (amount depends on the absorbency of the protein powder.)
    • 3 Tablespoons Pure Honey
    • 250g Natural nut/seed Butter (Around 16 Tablespoons - or one pot of 'Pip&nut' cashew nut butter or peanut butter)

• 2 Cups Rolled Oats (160g)
    4 &1/2 Scoops Protein Powder (135g) -Chocolate or Vanilla have worked very well

Optional flavour:
    2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon or 2 teasp cocoa powder or mixed spice or ground ginger or chilli...)

Extras:
    • Handful Chocolate Chips /Chopped cherries/chopped crystalized ginger/coconut/ (sweetener if you have a very sweet tooth!)
    • Handful Dried fruit/ chopped nuts

Mix milk, honey, and peanut butter in a pan over low heat until combined and warmed.
    Add in the rest of the ingredients and more milk if recipe appears to be too dry (aim for a soft dough).
    Once mixed press into a greased pan/dish. (I line mine with foil or paper first)
    Let cool/harden before cutting them and wrapping them individually. I keep them out of sight in the fridge...

@goodasgoldilox what's the calories and protein per gram for these?
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a box of the Kirkland protein bars. I actually like them. Crazy amounts of fiber, though, so don't ever eat more than one. I did find them very effective for keeping me full - half for a morning snack, half in the afternoon.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have a few I like, but lately I've been eating the ThinkThin protein bars. I switch up what I eat so I don't get bored. I also love quest bars and the Cliff protein bars.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars. chocolate chip cookie dough and the white chocolate raspberry are my two favs.

Yep!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch French Vanilla Crème and Cookies and Crème are my favorites. And now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't had one in a while...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Convenient Nutrition Protein Wheyfers (double chocolate)

Robert Irvine's FitCrunch baked protein bars (peanut butter and birthday cake flavors)
  • fittmack
    fittmack Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Complete cookie. Delicious and rather large.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love Oh Yeah!