Looking for a few friends like me!!

Options
mistyjazz929
mistyjazz929 Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
I am a new member (as of April 1), a 55 year old female and mega couch potato, struggle with meal planning, hate to cook but love chocolate! And I need to lose 80 lbs. Gee, I wonder why?!

I need just a few friends (M or F) on here. Why just a few? Well I need to become invested in these friendships and I can't do that with a zillion "friends." For this to work for me I need to feel accountable to someone and I really need this to work!!

So if you are similar to me please friend me!!! I need you!!. Thx. :)

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ok
  • Gallop1867
    Gallop1867 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Misty jazz,
    I haven't been on this site for long a bunch of us transitioned here from another site that shut down. None the less I know what your going threw, I have been calorie counting now for 7 years, lost 363 lbs, still have about 85 to go too. There have been many obstacles that have taken place that put me on hold ,so I am now invested again to loose the remaining weight. Hope your journey becomes accessible and you find people on your " Healthy Lifestyle Journey" ( I fail at diets so I renamed it lol!) That take you on the right road! Good Luck and God Bless! Hope to hear from you soon, BH18bkd7
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request. We have similar goals and I grew up in Greece. :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Add me if you offer mutual support
  • xxsippinsodaxx
    xxsippinsodaxx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi mistyjazz929,
    My name is Sam, I'm 43 years old, I have two children (13yrs & 11yrs). I live in East Sussex in the UK. I have really let myself go, too much good food (haven't discovered much I don't like!!!) and far too little exercise! (Walking to the fridge IS exercise isn't it?!!)

I've had to work out this next bit, as I'm a "stones and pounds" person, but I think I'm about 350lbs and really should be nearer to 170lbs!!

I've not told anyone I'm doing this, I don't want to be badgered about "should you really be eating that?!" albeit good intentions from friends and family. I've managed to log in and record my diary every day for this past month and hold myself to account, but it would be really good to have someone to share with and to help keep the motivation going.

I could go on, but kids and appointments are calling!!! If you think you'd like to hook up with me I'd be happy to hear back from you.

Hope you have a great day, Kind regards Sam x
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Mistyjazz,

It sounds like we have similar goals. I am 53 and have been struggling to find the right motivation to keep me on track. I recently moved to Germany and find the diet here to be very high in carbs. I am a carboholic! I no sooner look at a carb and it is instantly plastered on my thighs!

Today is my first day using MFP and I could really use some friends to keep me motivated! I did send you a friend request.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • phubb3
    phubb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am sending a friend request. Its alot easier when you can lean on someone with similar goals
  • 6102Beus
    6102Beus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Misty, at the moment I'm a couch potato (I was injured in a car accident) I'm having trouble finding motivation to go for walks...maybe we can help each other.
    I love to cook and can help with suggestions for meals (sometimes I do indulge on unhealthy foods) I'm trying to get and stay on track...would love to have friends to succeed with.
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    6102Beus wrote: »
    Hi Misty, at the moment I'm a couch potato (I was injured in a car accident) I'm having trouble finding motivation to go for walks...maybe we can help each other.
    I love to cook and can help with suggestions for meals (sometimes I do indulge on unhealthy foods) I'm trying to get and stay on track...would love to have friends to succeed with.

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are doing much better. I also enjoy cooking and should walk more than I do... Feel free to add me as a friend if you're interested.