2400 calls, 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat

Options
Interested to see the diaries of anyone with similar calls/macros!?

Replies

• LucasWilland
    LucasWilland Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would forget the macro percentages and do something a little less tedious.
    Set protein at least at .8 grams per pound (there are benefits for satiety, but there has been no published research so far that has shown a benefit for muscle retention, you can certainly have more if you want).
    Set fat at least at 20% of calories (this is due to maintaining optimal testosterone levels).
    Carbs can be set according to personal preference, though it is recommended to have a higher carb intake if you are training intensively for long periods of time.

Tweak the macros to what work best for you. If you find that you do better with more carbs, include more carbs. If you find you do better with more fat, include more of that and fewer carbs. You can even have days where you have more fat or carbs if you prefer, but it really doesn't matter.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    cpbendall wrote: »
    Interested to see the diaries of anyone with similar calls/macros!?

i do 40/35/25 feel free to look.
  • Bovus2017
    Bovus2017 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What are your goals, bud? I think of food like this: My body is the factory and the food I consume is the raw material I use to build the end result. What I'm trying to build informs what raw materials I need. Since protein is the basic building block of muscle, I need a lot of protein in my diet. My personal macro mix is 50% of calories from protein, 35% carbs and 15% fat.

If I were bulking up I'd need a lot more carbs and wouldn't care so much about keeping fat to a minimum. Also, not all carbs are the same. I go for low glycemic carbs vs high glycemic carbs. Better fuel for the long haul.