Dairy-Free and Low Carb

Options
dominirican128
dominirican128 Posts: 11 Member
I have inflammation in/around my spine ans the doctor told me to go dairy-free and Low to no pasta, bread, or rice since they are natural inflammatory agents.. i can deal without the breads mostly.. but the dairy is so hard. Everything has some type of dairy.. does anyone have any recipes?

Replies

• jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My boss is dairy free and I have another coworker who is vegan. They both really like the recipes from the blog The Minimalist Baker.
  • dominirican128
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm dairy free because by body can't tolerate it anymore. I don't really have any specific recipes, I just leave it out. My diet consist of mostly lean meats and veggies. Instead of pasta, I have spaghetti squash, zoodles, or even shiratki noodles. cauliflower rice is also pretty good. I use almond milk for cereal, shakes, baking. I find that the almond/cashew nut blend tastes pretty similar to milk. I like coconut milk "ice cream". It's more creamy than the almond or soy varieties. I still haven't found a suitable replacement for cheese :-( I really like skinnytaste.com for recipes. Everything I've tried has been delicious.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I would cut someone who made me give up dairy or carbs, but I do like some of the recipes on the Oh She Glows and Thug Kitchen blogs.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I second Skinnytaste, Gina makes some killer recipes and she likes to make sure there are plenty for vegans, low carb, dairy free, etc.
  • dominirican128
    Options
    Thank you!! I'll definitely check them out!
  • Hobbesfan89
    Hobbesfan89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Violife do a good dairy free cheese (in uk, not sure where you are) as does Vegusto. I prefer the cheeses that aren't soy based but rather coconut oil based. Violife is bloody lovely once you get used to it. They do cheddar, Parmasan, mozzarella, and cream cheese. At first I think I won't like it but I try it again and then I can't stop picking at the stuff!
  • dominirican128
    Options
    Thank you!! Im in the US, ill see which places have them. I definitely want to try!