sometimes I get discouraged about the areas of my bod

Options
that look the worst and seem to be the "last" place I lose weight or show progress. I found this yesterday and I needed to hear it. Im sure there are similar or the same articles floating around somewhere but if it helps even one other person, Im glad I posted it. Have a great weekend!!! denise in Sams Valley OR
PS I agree with this article but others may have other opinions or experiences. Feedback always welcome:wink:

How to Lose the Last Few Pounds of Abdominal Fat

By Tom Venuto

Developing a lean, flat stomach takes time and patience, especially when it comes to those last few pounds in those hard to lose places. The lower abdominal fat and "love handles" can be two of the most stubborn and exercise-resistant areas from which to lose abdominal fat. Some people slave away day in and day out on the latest new-fangled abdominal fat device or do countless sit ups, side bends, and leg raises every day, all to no avail. There is only one way to lose fat in the so-called "stubborn areas," and that is with the correct combination of proper diet, aerobic exercise, abdominal training, and weight training.

The first thing you need to realize is that it is impossible to "spot reduce" fat from one specific part of the body. Fat loss occurs systemically, meaning that you can’t control where the fat comes from. When you burn fat for energy, you will draw it from all areas of the body, and the first place you tend to put it on will be the last place it comes off. The reason everyone has those "stubborn" spots is because each of us is born with a genetic pattern of fat storage, just as we inherit hair color, eye color, and other physical traits. In women, the stubborn areas tend to be hips, thighs, and the waist. In men, the troublesome areas are usually the lower abs and the "love handles."

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    that look the worst and seem to be the "last" place I lose weight or show progress. I found this yesterday and I needed to hear it. Im sure there are similar or the same articles floating around somewhere but if it helps even one other person, Im glad I posted it. Have a great weekend!!! denise in Sams Valley OR
    PS I agree with this article but others may have other opinions or experiences. Feedback always welcome:wink:

By Tom Venuto

Developing a lean, flat stomach takes time and patience, especially when it comes to those last few pounds in those hard to lose places. The lower abdominal fat and "love handles" can be two of the most stubborn and exercise-resistant areas from which to lose abdominal fat. Some people slave away day in and day out on the latest new-fangled abdominal fat device or do countless sit ups, side bends, and leg raises every day, all to no avail. There is only one way to lose fat in the so-called "stubborn areas," and that is with the correct combination of proper diet, aerobic exercise, abdominal training, and weight training.

The first thing you need to realize is that it is impossible to "spot reduce" fat from one specific part of the body. Fat loss occurs systemically, meaning that you can’t control where the fat comes from. When you burn fat for energy, you will draw it from all areas of the body, and the first place you tend to put it on will be the last place it comes off. The reason everyone has those "stubborn" spots is because each of us is born with a genetic pattern of fat storage, just as we inherit hair color, eye color, and other physical traits. In women, the stubborn areas tend to be hips, thighs, and the waist. In men, the troublesome areas are usually the lower abs and the "love handles."
  • dewassel
    Options
    "When you burn fat for energy, you will draw it from all areas of the body, and the first place you tend to put it on will be the last place it comes off. " WHY, WHY, WHY?
  • mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. I have lost 8 pounds, and was a little discouraged because my waist/hips are the same! :grumble: But that fat has been there the longest I suppose, so your article really does make sense to me.

Just keep up the good work, and you'll see your 6-pack in no time... ane me too! :drinker:

*and* me too... lol:laugh:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    LOL!!! Good dern question:sad:

PS the genetic thing maybe, and, it's the way it is?? Im sure there are more articles we could find to explain the whys but Im gonna spend that time eating right and exercising, LOL!!! We'll get there and we will be so "set" in our "good" ways of eating etc. that we won't ever go back to the way we were:wink:

"When you burn fat for energy, you will draw it from all areas of the body, and the first place you tend to put it on will be the last place it comes off. " WHY, WHY, WHY?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

By Tom Venuto

Thanks a lot mom...
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    LOL, yeahhhhhhh, what she said:laugh:

By Tom Venuto

Thanks a lot mom...
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    A great read:bigsmile: Thanks didn't know why I couldn't loose the tummy fat. :grumble: Now I know:blushing: