Butt workout

Options
Hey all, I'm pretty happy where I am weight wise but my butt is as flat as a board. What are some good glute workouts?

Replies

• brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I have not tried it but I have heard good things about a DVD, Brazilian But Lift, I think.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I call my self the @$$-less wonder for my lack of tush....The only time I have ever had anything resembling a booty was when I was doing the elipitical (sp??) for 30-45 min at a time, 3x per week. I don't know if it gave me a booty or if it just work all the extra fluff off the rest of my backside so that my booty showed.
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    you might want to check out the Butt Bible. :smile:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/thebuttbible/#bb-watch
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges.. Both will firm up the rear in no time.

Lay flat on you're back with both feet flat on the floor, knees bent. Lift one leg straight in the air and then raise your hips 15-30 times. Switch legs and repeat. Do 2-3 sets and you'll feel it in your rear.. I know that I do when my trainer has me do it!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have the Brazil Butt Lift DVD and I love it! Great DVD :~) beachbody.com! They have specific schedule for exercises for all types of booties
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I call it white girl disease....no round firm rear end here...no mam......just a flat butt!

That said, ellipticals, hiking up hills, etc. has helped this poor white girl butt! :laugh:
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you might want to check out the Butt Bible. :smile:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/thebuttbible/#bb-watch
    I did Day 1 on Wed and it is GREAT!!! Although I have no problems with having a flat butt....it's always nice to tighten up... This will do it!
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bret Contreras has a great blog, and lots of youtube videos about getting a strong butt; http://bretcontreras.com/

Wide leg squats will activate your glutes better than a shoulder width stance.

BodyRock.tv has some great butt workouts. I def feel it the next day right in the butt cheeks: http://www.bodyrock.tv/

I've had a lot of success lifting my butt using Bodyrock workouts and some of Bret's instructions.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS AND MORE SQUATS!

I do split squats, hack squats and regular. Here is a video for split squats. Warning: They hurt like hell! But your butt will be fabulous!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvEs-TOIKM

Remember in your form that when your knee is at the bottom your leg should be in a V shape. Your front knee should not extend past your foot.

Good luck! :)
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    the Glutes are responsible for extention at the Hip - I.E. Pulling your leg backwards (below the waist) , or standing up tall (above the waist).

Deadlifts, Lunges and Squats all contain a great deal of gluteal recruitment in their motions.

As well, Reverse Cable/ resistance band Extentions can be done in isolation with an ankle attachment.

Another great one is Butt Plank where you lie on your back with your feet planted, and raist your hips to plank between your feet and shoulder blades. I use that one with skaters all the time since strong glutes are essential to hockey. Lift up so your body is in alignment, hold for a 2 count, then relax. do 3-4 sets of 12-15 and you'll feel it for sure.

Cheers!
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump...my problem also.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    the Glutes are responsible for extention at the Hip - I.E. Pulling your leg backwards (below the waist) , or standing up tall (above the waist).

Deadlifts, Lunges and Squats all contain a great deal of gluteal recruitment in their motions.

As well, Reverse Cable/ resistance band Extentions can be done in isolation with an ankle attachment.

Another great one is Butt Plank where you lie on your back with your feet planted, and raist your hips to plank between your feet and shoulder blades. I use that one with skaters all the time since strong glutes are essential to hockey. Lift up so your body is in alignment, hold for a 2 count, then relax. do 3-4 sets of 12-15 and you'll feel it for sure.

Cheers!

I do all of those except the Butt Plank (which I will now try). No wonder I love my hiney so much! :love:

Be careful with the reverse cable extensions from (I call them kickbacks) or you can hurt your lower back! Your hips should both be facing towards always. Look up some videos.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good info!

I've always had a bit of a booty (my compensation for not getting the boobs I guess), but it has shrunk a bit with the weight loss. Hoping to get some shape back!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    booty pops~~~ LOL
    I so want to try these lol
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    8 minute buns.. you can find it on youtube. It's a dated clip, but you can really feel it working and quickly too.
  • kellybelly113
    kellybelly113 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is a funny topic, but I totally agree. I have the white girl disease. I looked at my butt in the mirror tonight and I was like DURN where did it go. Not that I ever had a lot, but man is it really gone now. I do have the boobs, so maybe that's where it went LOL