calories

Options
Hi everyone,
was wondering if anyone knew a way or website to track calories from lifting weights. This site has great calorie tracking for diet and cardio but not so much for lifting. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
B

Replies

• schell
    schell Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    was wondering if anyone knew a way or website to track calories from lifting weights. This site has great calorie tracking for diet and cardio but not so much for lifting. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    B
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't but I don't track my weight lifiting calories burned unless I do a really intense circuit training session (rare) and then I put it under something like mild areobics....I don't think in general that there are all that many cals burned from my weight lifiting unless I really getting after it and I generally go pretty slow and steady with the weights
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I was given a couple different links. They may have weight lifting calories on them:

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

Check these out. Hope it's on one atleast, denise in OR
    Hi everyone,
    B
  • dewassel
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    B

It's under strength training in cardio.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    B

if you read the question they're asking where to find out how many CALORIES are burned while doing the weight lifting... MFP doesn't track calories for this type of activity which is completely ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as saying that lifting weights doesn't burn calories which is in my opinion impossible.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    B

if you read the question they're asking where to find out how many CALORIES are burned while doing the weight lifting... MFP doesn't track calories for this type of activity which is completely ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as saying that lifting weights doesn't burn calories which is in my opinion impossible.

It actually doesn't burn very many calories to be honest. There is a section under Cardio called strength training that you can log it as for a brief estimate. Or you could google it, there are loads of websites out there that will calculate calories burned for you. Best way to go? HRM, then there's no doubts about how much was burned.
  • schell
    schell Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone